Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,391 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i9300 no sound in front speaker on incoming calls

Tip us?

feiks
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] i9300 no sound in front speaker on incoming calls

Hello everyone,

Just got my S3 ( i9300 ) and surely enough flashed it to latest cm stable from their website which is 10.2.

Everything works, but I have this strange issue with incoming calls. When i answer the call, I cant hear the other person through the front speaker. I need to enable the back speaker and disable it to get sound on the front one. Sometimes the sound would be distorted. This does not happen on outgoing calls, they work perfectly fine.

I later flashed kitkat nightly and it had the same issue.

Problem goes away if i recover to stock. Unfortunately, i can't stand the damn thing.

Baseband v: I9300XXUGMK6, which is the newest for my region and also seems to be most common.

I tried googling, but couldnt find this specific glitch.

Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks

coderex96
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Same problem, same story

benschhold
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiks View Post
Hello everyone,

Just got my S3 ( i9300 ) and surely enough flashed it to latest cm stable from their website which is 10.2.

Everything works, but I have this strange issue with incoming calls. When i answer the call, I cant hear the other person through the front speaker. I need to enable the back speaker and disable it to get sound on the front one. Sometimes the sound would be distorted. This does not happen on outgoing calls, they work perfectly fine.

I later flashed kitkat nightly and it had the same issue.

Problem goes away if i recover to stock. Unfortunately, i can't starrt d the damn thing.

Baseband v: I9300XXUGMK6, which is the newest for my region and also seems to be most common.

I tried googling, but couldnt find this specific glitch.

Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks
I have the same problem, have you found a solution?

feiks
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by benschhold View Post
I have the same problem, have you found a solution?
I'm very happy to report, that yes I have. Archidroid rom ( 2.4.6 is the latest stable ).

Occasionally, I still get the same glitch, but it happens once every three reboots and goes away after first time it occurs.

Edit: i've also flashed the new baseband which comes with the rom: I9300XXUGNA8

benschhold
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
I'm very happy to report, that yes I have. Archidroid rom ( 2.4.6 is the latest stable ).

Occasionally, I still get the same glitch, but it happens once every three reboots and goes away after first time it occurs.

Edit: i've also flashed the new baseband which comes with the rom: I9300XXUGNA8
I had the 2.4.5 installed and had to switch because of the issue, so i switched to archidroid 1.x version and problem was gone, now on archiport(ultimarom beta1) the problem is there again. Thats real sad because the rom is such awesome
So i think sammy had done something in their 4.3 version that fixed that

feiks
Old
(Last edited by feiks; 30th June 2014 at 10:09 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
I had the 2.4.5 installed and had to switch because of the issue, so i switched to archidroid 1.x version and problem was gone, now on archiport(ultimarom beta1) the problem is there again. Thats real sad because the rom is such awesome
So i think sammy had done something in their 4.3 version that fixed that
That's really odd, since I've been using Archi ever since I first flashed it ( at the time I believe it was 2.3.x ), and I'm a happpy user since then.

try dialing outgoing call to whatever number a couple of times and then get some incoming calls?

And yes, Archidroid is awesome, has everything you could possibly want ( the only exception being MHL )

benschhold
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
That's really odd, since I've been using Archi ever since I first flashed it ( at the time I believe it was 2.3.x ), and I'm a happpy user ever since.

try dialing outgoing call to whatever number a couple of times and then get some incoming calls?

And yes, Archidroid is awesome, has everything you could possibly want ( the only exception being MHL )
I just have to activate loud speaker and then deactivate during call and sound is normal, a lot of users have the same issue but noone have a 100% solution. I know its awesome and will give it a shot when he release his 2.4.7 with CM

feiks
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
I just have to activate loud speaker and then deactivate during call and sound is normal, a lot of users have the same issue but noone have a 100% solution. I know its awesome and will give it a shot when he release his 2.4.7 with CM
After i had a go with Omni, I can't think of any reason why should I switch back to CM. Arhci mentioned CM's support and developer base as a reason for the switch, will see...

I use my phone at work quite heavily and it's just impossible for me to switch back and forth speakers.

benschhold
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Found something interesting in kryten2k35 thread... Will report