Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Please, help with camera, dual boot (googy Max Kernel 1.8.0)

OP Zordak7

3rd September 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

70 posts
Hy.
Have a SGS 3 i9300, rooted.
I use Googy Max Kernel 1.8.0, and use the dual boot feature.
As first rom, I have CyanogenMod 10.2.0, and works like a charm, no drama there.

But, as a second rom, I used the Omega Rom v 50.1, stock 4.1.2 based (as it has to be). Worked fine, except for the fact that some heavy games didn't ran, but that wasn't so bad, the main issue was camera force closed as soon as I open it. I tried a lot of camera apps, clean data/cache, clean dalvik cache, re-flashed kernel, re-flashed the rom, reinstall camera apps, clean the lens whith chlorydrix acid, hit the phone against the floor, shoot it, screem and curse, nothing worked.

Then, I flashed Gorgoid Rom, v 2.7a, a more simple and lightweight rom. The damn camera error persist. As soon I press the app icon, it loads, the camera never works, I mean the screen is black all the time, no image showed, and then it burst in a force close of hell. A little difference, some camera apps, like silent app, shows an error message before dies, "can't connect whit the camera". Another app, Camaringo Lite, shows "Unable to connext device hardware Camera .Make sure you have enough baterry. You might need to re-start the phone". No need to say I have enough baterry, have re-started the phone countless times, and all the other cleanings and basic procedures.

So, my question, how can I get the camera to work as it should?

That's my story, if someone can throw me a bone here, I would be really grateful.

Have a nice week!
Last edited by Zordak7; 3rd September 2014 at 01:26 AM. Reason: how can I get the camera to work as it should? (is the grammar correct there?)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread