Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 51,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help with this flusterc*ck of issues

Tip us?

bulooka
Old
(Last edited by bulooka; 5th June 2014 at 10:59 PM.) Reason: Update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please help with this flusterc*ck of issues

Hi all,

New to this whole rooting and flashing thing. I'm not as good with computers that one can hold in their hand.

Anyways, I'll try to explain this stew of issues that I have

I'm running CW Recovery (6.0.2.3) in conjunction with SlimBean (dtt 4.2.2). One day, in a far away land, my phone prompted me to update Slim. That was all and dandy because I've flashed roms from zip files before. When I tried to do that, the process was aborted and I was given a slew of error numbers that made my brain hurt.

So, I tried to start fresh and clean, like the cilantro that chipotle puts in our burrito bowls. I tried a factory reset using the CW Recovery mode so I can re-root now that jellybean is 4.3. After I wiped the cache and data/factory reset, I rebooted the phone. My phone still boots into Slim and uses clockwork for recovery mode.

Essentially, how do I de-root my phone or factory reset it to the settings that I had from day 1?

UPDATE: I just tried flashing CW Recovery from 6.0.2.3 --> 6.0.4.7. After flashing it, I rebooted my phone into recovery. Now I'm getting a never-ending boot cycle. The samsung logo pops up along with the little blue text "recovery" at the top, then shuts off and repeats that every 3 seconds or so. Methinks I broke it

Thanks

verny94
Old
(Last edited by verny94; 5th June 2014 at 11:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 63
Flash stock ROM via Odin. Download Sammobile
Edit: better url
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Omega ROM (4.3) v58; Boeffla kernel 5.2; TWRP recovery; Nova launcher Prime; S5 theme; Xposed
Hit a thanks button, when I helped you

bulooka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Why download a flight simulator?