Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 50,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please help! Stuck in Bootloop, power button "stuck", no download mode!!

Tip us?

roccovite
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Please help! Stuck in Bootloop, power button "stuck", no download mode!!

I believe this has to do with the phone thinking the power button is constantly being pressed...

I'm looking for any advice. My s3 suddenly went into a boot loop this morning. It powers on for a few seconds and turns itself back off.. Doing a little research, came across similar issues online caused by the main board going faulty and the phone thinking the power button is constantly being held down.

I know this because I can remove my battery, put it back in, and without even touching any buttons, the phone will attempt to power up.

I'm currently rooted and can't get into download mode for more than 3-5 seconds before it turns itself off. I was only once able to apply the perfect pressure by squeezing the side of the phone which allowed it to boot normally, but about 30 seconds later, the power menu appeared by itself and it turned off a few seconds later.

Has this happened to anyone else?? Anybody know how to go about fixing it??

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

RazorMC
Old
Thanks Meter 57
When you take out the battery, wait for a few seconds before putting it back in. If it turns on automatically then this might be hardware issue and needs repair.
Phone History

Quote:
Alcatel One Touch Easy || Nokia 3310 || Nokia 8210 || Nokia 8250 || Samsung C100 || Sony Ericsson T610 || Nokia N-Gage || Nokia 6260 || Nokia 6680 || Nokia 6300 || Nokia N73 Music || iMate Jama || Nokia N79 || Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S || Sony Xperia SL
Search XDA for solutions. Read sticky topics. Enjoy problem-free modding/flashing
~ RazorMC

roccovite
Old
(Last edited by roccovite; 23rd June 2014 at 12:07 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yes,it turns on automatically...i have disassembled the phone and checked the power buttom and it seems to work right,i can't understand where is the problem
Edit. OK,the problem is that the power buttom is hyper sensitive..can i do something to reduce the sensibility?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Replace the power button, it is worn out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grungypoo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I am having the same problem and just saw this thread. Thanks.

Is the power button known for wearing out on the phone? I take good care of my s3 afaik. Maybe it's time for a new phone.... =(

RazorMC
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by grungypoo View Post
I am having the same problem and just saw this thread. Thanks.

Is the power button known for wearing out on the phone? I take good care of my s3 afaik. Maybe it's time for a new phone.... =(
Happens from time to time. Maybe if it dropped or been pressed too many times.
Phone History

Quote:
Alcatel One Touch Easy || Nokia 3310 || Nokia 8210 || Nokia 8250 || Samsung C100 || Sony Ericsson T610 || Nokia N-Gage || Nokia 6260 || Nokia 6680 || Nokia 6300 || Nokia N73 Music || iMate Jama || Nokia N79 || Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S || Sony Xperia SL
Search XDA for solutions. Read sticky topics. Enjoy problem-free modding/flashing
~ RazorMC