Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,610 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Power button, interesting/puzzling problem

Tip us?

yomama998
Old
(Last edited by yomama998; 31st March 2014 at 08:21 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Power button, interesting/puzzling problem

So the power button on my GS3 is fried. (I am pretty sure at least)

Anyways at this point that is not really the problem. So a few hours ago I was able to boot my phone back up without the power button by taking the battery out and putting it back in. However, silly me wanted to boot into recovery to try something, but now my phone won't even boot. When I take the battery out and put it back in, it boots to the screen where it says "booting recovery" on the top left and then stops working. If I try to go into download mode, it shows the screen asking me if I want to go into download mode and regardless of if i press volume up or volume down the phone stops working.

I'm hoping there is some nifty work around for this. Should be fun Thank you in advance!

EDIT: In short, I am looking for a way to cancel booting into recovery.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Sounds like you will have to replace the power button before you get to see if the emmc chip is corrupt. Unplanned shut down can corrupt the partition being written: system, data or recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.