Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 38,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft brick & Odin flash always fails, what next?

Tip us?

davros303
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Soft brick & Odin flash always fails, what next?

Hi all,

I followed the guide in this forum to the letter, however the firmware flash fails after a few seconds. Now when it powers up, I no longer see the Samsung boot screen, I have this message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies". And I can no longer access the recovery menu by pressing up volume, power & home.

I contacted the previous owner to get some more info, and found out that the phone was originally from another country (UK) and I had attempted to flash it with Australian firmware. Not sure whether this is the cause of the current issue...?

So now I've got the UK firmware, however each time I attempt to flash it, after a few seconds it fails.

In the "Downloading" dialogue on the phone, I can see information against every field: Product name (GT-I9300), Custom Binary (1), Current Binary (Samsung official), and System Status (Official).

Based on this and what I've read here, this is a good sign (ie: software recoverable, and not hardware failure). However I'm stumped on the flashing situation. I've tried Odin 3.07 and 3.04.

Appreciate any advice.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 689
Try the rescue firmware from a sticky in general forum, follow the instructions exactly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.