Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,473 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PROB] Distorted, robotic voices during calls

Tip us?

Thorm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [PROB] Distorted, robotic voices during calls

Hey.
I've got an issue that comes & goes with my SGSIII.

I use UltimaROM v16 and Boeffla 5.1 Kernel, and have tried reflashing with no luck.

I experience the distorted voice on calls periodically. Some calls just work perfectly, some just doesn't.
When it does occur, it's almost distorted to the point, where I can't hear what people say. The problem is consistent with or without headset.

Occassionally I start out a conversation with the distortion being really bad (the problem is only on my end). Then, after a few minutes of conversation, it disappears, and the quality is perfectly fine again.
Really strange.

I work as a journalist, which means frequent phone interviewing. Thus, I really depend on being able to hear what people say over the phone when working.

After searching for some answers on the board, I found some users recommending flashing a new modem/RIL.

Problem is: I don't know the first thing about which modem/RIL is right for my phone.

I ran GetRIL and it said "Baseband: I9300XXUGMK6" and "Unknown RIL"

So.. is this still a modem/RIL-thing?
If so, which one should I use, and which modems & RILs fit together?

Please help a new Samsung flash-o-holic out!
Thanks,

Thorm

I'm gonna do a cwm backup & flash a new ROM tonight, just for trial & error.
The ROM: XROM V1.0.3
My phones:
HTC Desire AMOLED (2010) - Sold
HTC Desire S-LCD (2011) - Dead
HTC One X (2012) - Returned after 4th repair
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 (2013) - Dead
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 (2014) - Current

Android 4.4.2 Kitkat
Stock ROM

KSKHH
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorm View Post
Hey.
I've got an issue that comes & goes with my SGSIII.

I use UltimaROM v16 and Boeffla 5.1 Kernel, and have tried reflashing with no luck.

I experience the distorted voice on calls periodically. Some calls just work perfectly, some just doesn't.
When it does occur, it's almost distorted to the point, where I can't hear what people say. The problem is consistent with or without headset.

Occassionally I start out a conversation with the distortion being really bad (the problem is only on my end). Then, after a few minutes of conversation, it disappears, and the quality is perfectly fine again.
Really strange.

I work as a journalist, which means frequent phone interviewing. Thus, I really depend on being able to hear what people say over the phone when working.

After searching for some answers on the board, I found some users recommending flashing a new modem/RIL.

Problem is: I don't know the first thing about which modem/RIL is right for my phone.

I ran GetRIL and it said "Baseband: I9300XXUGMK6" and "Unknown RIL"

So.. is this still a modem/RIL-thing?
If so, which one should I use, and which modems & RILs fit together?

Please help a new Samsung flash-o-holic out!
Thanks,

Thorm

I'm gonna do a cwm backup & flash a new ROM tonight, just for trial & error.
The ROM: XROM V1.0.3
Try to use your phone some days with GSM network and see if the issue persist. I faced this issue earlier.
Also try to change your Kernel and see if the issue persist.
Lastly if this not solved. Visit sammobile, check the appropriate firmware and flash the original firmware. Avoid using custom ROM as you are heavily depended on the phone.
<--- Pressing Thanks won't cost you. So don't forget to hit it if this post helped you.
Tags
call quality, distorted call, sgs3