OP Thorm

18th March 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Aarhus
Thanks Meter: 15

83 posts
More
Hey.
I've got an issue that comes & goes with my SGSIII.

I use UltimaROM v16 and Boeffla 5.1 Kernel, and have tried reflashing with no luck.

I experience the distorted voice on calls periodically. Some calls just work perfectly, some just doesn't.
When it does occur, it's almost distorted to the point, where I can't hear what people say. The problem is consistent with or without headset.

Occassionally I start out a conversation with the distortion being really bad (the problem is only on my end). Then, after a few minutes of conversation, it disappears, and the quality is perfectly fine again.
Really strange.

I work as a journalist, which means frequent phone interviewing. Thus, I really depend on being able to hear what people say over the phone when working.

After searching for some answers on the board, I found some users recommending flashing a new modem/RIL.

Problem is: I don't know the first thing about which modem/RIL is right for my phone.

I ran GetRIL and it said "Baseband: I9300XXUGMK6" and "Unknown RIL"

So.. is this still a modem/RIL-thing?
If so, which one should I use, and which modems & RILs fit together?

Please help a new Samsung flash-o-holic out!
Thanks,

Thorm

I'm gonna do a cwm backup & flash a new ROM tonight, just for trial & error.
The ROM: XROM V1.0.3
19th March 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 223

707 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorm

Hey.
I've got an issue that comes & goes with my SGSIII.

I use UltimaROM v16 and Boeffla 5.1 Kernel, and have tried reflashing with no luck.

I experience the distorted voice on calls periodically. Some calls just work perfectly, some just doesn't.
When it does occur, it's almost distorted to the point, where I can't hear what people say. The problem is consistent with or without headset.

Occassionally I start out a conversation with the distortion being really bad (the problem is only on my end). Then, after a few minutes of conversation, it disappears, and the quality is perfectly fine again.
Really strange.

I work as a journalist, which means frequent phone interviewing. Thus, I really depend on being able to hear what people say over the phone when working.

After searching for some answers on the board, I found some users recommending flashing a new modem/RIL.

Problem is: I don't know the first thing about which modem/RIL is right for my phone.

I ran GetRIL and it said "Baseband: I9300XXUGMK6" and "Unknown RIL"

So.. is this still a modem/RIL-thing?
If so, which one should I use, and which modems & RILs fit together?

Please help a new Samsung flash-o-holic out!
Thanks,

Thorm

I'm gonna do a cwm backup & flash a new ROM tonight, just for trial & error.
The ROM: XROM V1.0.3

Try to use your phone some days with GSM network and see if the issue persist. I faced this issue earlier.
Also try to change your Kernel and see if the issue persist.
Lastly if this not solved. Visit sammobile, check the appropriate firmware and flash the original firmware. Avoid using custom ROM as you are heavily depended on the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call quality, distorted call, sgs3
Previous Thread Next Thread