Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Problem with charging in S III

OP johnadel88

11th February 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hello everybody
i have a very strange problem with my Galaxy S III
i plug my charger or any charger to my phone it takes a long time to start charging ( about 20 seconds )
earlier it was starting on time, once i plug the charger it starts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John
11th February 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #2  
amirTor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 365
 
402 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnadel88

Hello everybody
i have a very strange problem with my Galaxy S III
i plug my charger or any charger to my phone it takes a long time to start charging ( about 20 seconds )
earlier it was starting on time, once i plug the charger it starts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John

Did you try to switch cable?
Also, see if there is any change when you plug it into a pc, or after restarting your device

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
11th February 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirTor

Did you try to switch cable?
Also, see if there is any change when you plug it into a pc, or after restarting your device

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Dear amirTor
thanks for your reply
i already tried all of this
i have a lot of chargers here also i have a car charger
and the problem still

i do not know it may be a problem with the charging circuit or the battery.
anyway thanks again for your reply.
11th February 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #4  
amirTor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 365
 
402 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnadel88

Dear amirTor
thanks for your reply
i already tried all of this
i have a lot of chargers here also i have a car charger
and the problem still

i do not know it may be a problem with the charging circuit or the battery.
anyway thanks again for your reply.

Thats ok, no need to go formal on me
Check the current reaching your device using this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ngcurrent.free
If the charging port works as it should, you suppose to see value of 900-1100 in the 'avg' row (assuming you're using original 1A charger and cable), otherwise it should be much lower.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
11th February 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #5  
alchopop's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 127
 
500 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
More
I was having the same problem with charging my phone for ages and then it occurred to me that it was a problem with the cables. Try the following fix from my own thread in the general section of the forum.
Link below and good luck with it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2599753

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th February 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #6  
sergiomc22's Avatar
Member
Flag Lima, Peru
Thanks Meter: 7
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Try a different cable. I charge my S3 with a S4 charger and it works great! Good luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes