Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why is my GS3 doing this ?

Tip us?

Madarox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Why is my GS3 doing this ?

ok,30 minutes ago my gs3 was next to me and I had music on then all of a sudden the ''Samsung Galaxy S III" splash screen appeared.It kept appearing and disappearing so I took the battery out for a while then inserted it and it turned on.5 minutes later the same thing happened and now it is working again but well this might happen again.What could be the problem ? can it be SDS ? but I had my gs3 for a year and a half so I doubt that.I'm running wanamlite 4.1.2,have been using this rom for almost a year.(except for trying out a few other roms sometimes).

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 673
Reflash your rom, try first without a wipe.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

KSKHH
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madarox View Post
ok,30 minutes ago my gs3 was next to me and I had music on then all of a sudden the ''Samsung Galaxy S III" splash screen appeared.It kept appearing and disappearing so I took the battery out for a while then inserted it and it turned on.5 minutes later the same thing happened and now it is working again but well this might happen again.What could be the problem ? can it be SDS ? but I had my gs3 for a year and a half so I doubt that.I'm running wanamlite 4.1.2,have been using this rom for almost a year.(except for trying out a few other roms sometimes).
You can try this:-

Go to recovery and do factory reset. (You will loose all software installed by you, may b contact & sms too)

Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache
<--- Pressing Thanks won't cost you. So don't forget to hit it if this post helped you.

Madarox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Tried a factory reset and tried restoring to a an old backup,didn't help.I didn't try reflashing the rom, I doubt it will work because restoring to a backup that was working fine didn't help either.I'm thinking about giving it to samsung,hope they won't blame rooting and custom rom for the problem but I'm out of warranty period anyways.

Tessmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Try another rom! But with a clean install! don't restore your nadroid backup data, use Titanium Backup for your apps.

Madarox
Old
(Last edited by Madarox; 11th March 2014 at 11:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
I noticed that it happens when I actually use the phone(like for a few minutes) but when it's idle,it operates normally.

I don't have any other roms right now and I can't download any because my internet is limited currently.

UPDATE: It looks like the problem is the power button because when the phone does boot,the boot menu keeps showing up and when I pull the battery and insert it again,it boots automatically.I will get it fixed,thanks all.