Problem with ROM installation after IMEI repair with box
I wanted to share with you a problem I had with my phone (I9300):
1. I upgraded the firmware to 4.3 through KIES.
2. Than i downgraded to version to 4.1.2 but did not back up EFS.
3. IMEI + SN were corrupted.
4. After many unsuccessful attempts to recover the IMEI-I had to go to the lab and restore the IMEI + SN with a box (i think it is z3x).
5. IMEI + SN successfully recovered - Netwrok is back. Rom is now 4.1.1
6. I installed version 4.3 via ODIN (without modem). This time you backed up EFS.
7. IMEI + Basband = unknonwn. Of course there was no network.
8. I Replaced EFS from the backup - didn't help.
9. I installed modem.bin MG4 => IMEI + Basband + S/N recovered -network was not - (emergency call only)
10. Zuluman patch didn't worked
11. Downgrade to 4.1.2 caused lost IMEI + SN.
12. I Replaced EFS from the backup- IMEI recovered - but there was no network.
13. ariza patch did not work.
14. I went back to the lab restore the IMEI again.
The conclusion from this long story - after restoring IMEI with a box - it is impossible
to upgrade/ replace Rom without losing network again.
every ROM installation will require IMEI repair with a box.
I wanted to get confirmation from the experts who deal with boxes to restore IMEI.