OP gent.b

18th March 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Prishtina
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
More
Hey guys,

I have been having problems with some CyanogenMod roms lately. My I9300 was working perfectly using one of the nightly CM 11 ROM's released in early March, until I installed the latest M Snapshot. From there on in my phone has gone insane.

From time to time, during the day the phone gets blocked without any apparent reason. My first thought was that has something to do with the RAM, maybe its getting low somehow, but no, that wasn't the case. Most of the time I have at least 160-180 free ram, usually more than that.

Anyway, then I thought maybe the problem was the installed ROM, so I did a re-install but still,with no effect. Then I downloaded 17th of march nightly ROM, wiped clean the cache and reset the phone. Still with no effect.

My next solution is: Download the newest nightly, currently 18th of March, install the latest Clockworkmod Recovery, which is 6.0.4.6., reset and wipe the phone again (backing of course) and install the latest ROM. What do you guys think?

Also, does anyone else has this problem after installing the latest M-Snapshot from the CM download page.

I would much appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

Gent
18th March 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Yes. You definitely should install the latest CWM. And when you wipe, make sure that you (from the CWM menu ofc):

wipe data/factory reset
mounts and storage -> fromat system
mounts and storage -> format /data and /data/media (/sdcard)
advanced -> wipe dalvik cache

then flash the rom etc

If you didn't do this in the first place when you tried flashing the ROMs the flashes were dirty and that may be the reason why they didn't work.
Doing the above will give you a real fresh start with your ROM and problems should not appear.

So, I don't think the problem is in any of the ROMs you tried.. I'm just guessing, so correct me if you did all the above

I have been doing just fine with CM 11 M3 and M4 builds and now I'm on the latest nightly and everything is working perfectly!
19th March 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Prishtina

9 posts
More
Hey Man,

I did that, but now the problem is that I cannot install the rom because it has wiped all the data that were there. Now I cannot transfer the rom into the phone. I transfered it into the external sd card but it does not let me to install it, it shows an error.

What to do now???

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkkaize

Yes. You definitely should install the latest CWM. And when you wipe, make sure that you (from the CWM menu ofc):

wipe data/factory reset
mounts and storage -> fromat system
mounts and storage -> format /data and /data/media (/sdcard)
advanced -> wipe dalvik cache

then flash the rom etc

If you didn't do this in the first place when you tried flashing the ROMs the flashes were dirty and that may be the reason why they didn't work.
Doing the above will give you a real fresh start with your ROM and problems should not appear.

So, I don't think the problem is in any of the ROMs you tried.. I'm just guessing, so correct me if you did all the above

I have been doing just fine with CM 11 M3 and M4 builds and now I'm on the latest nightly and everything is working perfectly!

19th March 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #4  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 372

1,155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gent.b

Hey Man,

I did that, but now the problem is that I cannot install the rom because it has wiped all the data that were there. Now I cannot transfer the rom into the phone. I transfered it into the external sd card but it does not let me to install it, it shows an error.

What to do now???

You should always put roms on ext sd card before you are ready to flash not internal for situations like this! Flash back to stock with odin and start again.
19th March 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #5  
Flag Buzau
Thanks Meter: 151

401 posts
More
Connect the phone via USB cable, go to recovery, Mounts and Storage, and then click Mount USB Storage. Then, transfer the ROM. Have you thought about having the Cm instaler?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th March 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #6  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 372

1,155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andr3y29

Connect the phone via USB cable, go to recovery, Mounts and Storage, and then click Mount USB Storage. Then, transfer the ROM. Have you thought about having the Cm instaler?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sorry I think my reply might have confused you..I was suggesting that he should have transferred his rom to ext sd card before he started to flash and wipe system..It looks like he wiped the system in recovery and could not transfer rom to internal sd so he managed to transfer the rom to external sd where it would not let him install please correct me if I am wrong ..

I know there are other options he can try but in this situation I recommend flash to stock to give him a clean system and minimize any errors he might have and then he can try again the correct way.
22nd March 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Prishtina

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43

You should always put roms on ext sd card before you are ready to flash not internal for situations like this! Flash back to stock with odin and start again.

Unfortunately that was my only choice. I did it, and I succeeded...
The Following User Says Thank You to gent.b For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Prishtina

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43

Sorry I think my reply might have confused you..I was suggesting that he should have transferred his rom to ext sd card before he started to flash and wipe system..It looks like he wiped the system in recovery and could not transfer rom to internal sd so he managed to transfer the rom to external sd where it would not let him install please correct me if I am wrong ..

I know there are other options he can try but in this situation I recommend flash to stock to give him a clean system and minimize any errors he might have and then he can try again the correct way.

That was the exact situation I was in. I tried mounting the ext/sdcard and transferred the rom to it, but it didn't let me to install it, it said installation failed.

The Following User Says Thank You to gent.b For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread