[q] att sim gt-i9300

18th June 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

374 posts
Hello all.

I have had a friend give me a phone from China. This was already running CM10 when I got it and was the international version of the SIII . I have a work iPhone and took the ATT SIM out and placed it in it. I understand I cannot get LTE connection with this device... but the SIM did not appear to be recognized. I looked and there does not appear to be any unlock process for this phone with this software and I did not believe it was SIM locked as the owner told me he slapped regional SIMs in it when he traveled.

Does this imply hardware failure or am I missing something stupid here?

REgards/
19th June 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 698

3,129 posts
Try different sims first.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

374 posts
Thanks for the reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Hey THanks for the reply. Any suggestions as to how I can try alternate SIMS. Shoudl I walk into ATT and ask they replace the SIM for my IPhone as it is not working in other phones or should I buy a smart talk prepaid SIM or something. Any suggestions. Sorry for the seemingly stupid questions.

Regards.
26th July 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

374 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

I tried two att sims with no lucka nd one tmo. I took it to a shop where theyb replaced the reade and still no dice. Technician claimed bad radio flash, but the networks are seen... seems like sim reader. The other thing I noticed is that the device says wcdma on in. I know the chia carrier is gsm and the phone is supposed to be. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread