Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more
Post Reply

S3 Does not boot after using odin + syriah. HELP!

6th July 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Phone noob need help completely restoring Samsung Galaxy S3. I downloaded a custom kernal called syriah which bricked my phone and now the phone does not boot. The carrier is ATT and I live in America. I have downloaded the default firmware and followed several guides and Ive had no luck. Any would would be appreciated. The phone does not boot. When i attempt to boot it, only shows the samsung logo for a brief second and the then screen turns black.
Last edited by tomemen707; 6th July 2014 at 12:51 AM.
6th July 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #2  
gr1ff1n's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
It appears like you have downloaded a kernel compiled for the International Samsung version (i9300) while your phone is an American version.

If you have a custom recovery installed, then take out your sd-card from the phone, and copy a ROM into it via desktop/laptop. Put the sd-card back into the phone and boot into recovery mode. Install the ROM from the folder in the sd-card.
6th July 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr1ff1n

It appears like you have downloaded a kernel compiled for the International Samsung version (i9300) while your phone is an American version.

If you have a custom recovery installed, then take out your sd-card from the phone, and copy a ROM into it via desktop/laptop. Put the sd-card back into the phone and boot into recovery mode. Install the ROM from the folder in the sd-card.


hello and thank so much for replying back to me! I do not own an sd card, will i need for restoring everything back? my phone is able to go to into recovery mode and download mode. i don't necessarily need everything back to default, i would like a working phone.
6th July 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomemen707

hello and thank so much for replying back to me! I do not own an sd card, will i need for restoring everything back? my phone is able to go to into recovery mode and download mode. i don't necessarily need everything back to default, i would like a working phone.

and also i have downloaded the firmware to restore everything back but when using odin and when i click on PDA to find the default .md5 file, it doesn't pass after clicking start. so im not sure which is the right one
6th July 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomemen707

and also i have downloaded the firmware to restore everything back but when using odin and when i click on PDA to find the default .md5 file, it doesn't pass after clicking start. so im not sure which is the right one

i need some tech help please. i just downloaded the stock rom for att s3 galaxy 4.3 ucuemjb. can i use odin to flash that pda? and will i need a pit file?
6th July 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #6  
gr1ff1n's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomemen707

I do not own an sd card, will i need for restoring everything back? my phone is able to go to into recovery mode and download mode.

Indeed, as you been trying out, you could install it via Odin without using a sd-card. Since I always have a sd-card with me, that was the 1st approach which came to mind.

Be careful to ensure that Kies does not come up while using Odin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomemen707

i just downloaded the stock rom for att s3 galaxy 4.3 ucuemjb. can i use odin to flash that pda? and will i need a pit file?

Firstly, ensure that the device type for the ROM matches your actual device type. The boot screen should show your device type. My boot screen says "Samsung GT-I9300" on booting up, so I know my device type is International S3 (I9300).

Whether Odin is usable depends on the extension of the file. If it ends in ".tar" or ".md5", you should be able to install it via Odin as PDA. If it ends in ".zip", it's probably meant for installation via a custom recovery.

Do not meddle with the PIT. It's a system managed file for the partition information and you'll want to change the partition data in very rare scenarios.
Last edited by gr1ff1n; 6th July 2014 at 08:38 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes