Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,624 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question about most cleanest ROM without or minimal bloatware

Tip us?

Djor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt [Q] Question about most cleanest ROM without or minimal bloatware

Hey there im lookin and lookin and can't find anything what could make me happy

What am i looking for? well basically the most stable STOCK without withtout bloadware or at least with minimum blot apps in the ROM . Im not interested in any custom roms cause i tried to install one of the ''best custom''roms here and my phone was acting really strange im talking about AD 1.7.15 : P is there anything that works with 4.3 without problems? Ok i might give a try for another custom but ONLY for the one that not gonna have problems with waking up,not gonna turn off in the middle of day without even saying good night and icons wont dissapear from the screen .If theres anyone who might lend me a hand with verry clean stock rom id appreciate :*

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Best rom recommendations are against the posting rules as they can cause bad feeling, try them for yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

Mr Woolf
Old
Thanks Meter 693
A fricking thread title with a [Q] - un-b-flucking-eavable......

I bloody despair.

Not sent from a shiny new phone.
One+ cm11s

Don't say "Thanks", just hit the button - it keeps the threads clean.

Djor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok if not about rom let me ask you another question. Ive got problems with waking up my phone soemtimes i just can't do it only removing battery helps.... i got new clean stock 4.3 after custom romany ideas what could cause that problem? It didnt happen before taht problem occured right after installing custom rom and still happens after comming back to stock rom

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
The early 4.3 firmwares had slow wake up issues, but only a delay not a failure to wake at all. The latest firmwares are better but still take a second or two to respond, but much better battery life in standby as a result.

If your phone is crashing in standby then try a full wipe, format internal sd card then fresh stock firmware (latest GNA8). Test before you install or restore anything, try without external sd card fitted. Check the log after a crash to see what the cause was.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

Djor
Old
(Last edited by Djor; 17th May 2014 at 02:21 PM.) Reason: Additional informations
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thats my current ROM my problem occured after installing custom rom before that everything was ok my phone didnt sudenly turn off or had problems with waking up now i need to take battery off to make it run :/ could you give me a link to the latest (non branded) stock rom for 4.3? and do i have to install it trough ODIN? or root my phone cause atm it's unrooted and what about that wipe? do i have to do it in recovery mode? Could you give me a simple guide step by step how to do those things cause im a blonde girl got problems with understanding even simnple things :*

Oh and one more question will the rom have Polish language cause im actually Polish .

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
The sticky thread in general forum explains it step by step, returning to stock with Odin. Download the latest firmware for your country at sammobile.com, you don't need root. Wipe with factory reset in phone settings, accounts. After flashing boot into recovery and factory reset again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quote:

Djor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok one more question and we can close this thread http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=XEO#firmware so XEO rom is without branding? and the latest one is this one?

Model: GT-I9300
Model name: GALAXY S III
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2429075
Build date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 14:53:58 +0000
Product Code: XEO
PDA: I9300XXUGNA5
CSC: I9300XEOGNC1
MODEM: I9300XXUGNA8

krisando
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I was once like you, wanting to find the most light weight firmware, but that was habit after previously having a Galaxy 3. (128mb of ram, 40-80mb app space, low spec'd).

Instead I'd just go for a well optimized rom for the S3, say it was compiled with O3 and the kernel was well tweaked. Flash the gapps micro, disable unwanted start-up programs and remove any further system software.

I'd use a 4.4 CM based rom, download the testing branch of the Boeffla kernel for CM11, Odexed gapps micro, enable Art in developer options, do the start-up stuff and apply any kernel tweaks you like. I'm using Resurrection Remix as it has a lot of features (missing a lot I'd like), generally faster than the other rom I usually use (Archi) and has pretty good battery in comparison.
There's just so much love on this forum, it makes me want to cry.

Towle
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1844
Only you can decide which ROM works best for you. Each thread will have all of the information you will need to make a decision.

Thread closed.

Towle
Forum Moderator
“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do.” -Gandhi

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe