a Question About Firmware

OP darknesslord606

19th February 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Hello Guys ,

I have the international galaxy s3 version ,

i'm now runing cm 10.1 with googy max kernel but i want to revert back to stock , but when i go to sammobile and choose my country from the list (Egypt) the latest version is 4.1.2

so my question is , can i choose another country like UK for Example and flash their 4.3 firmware or not ,

my dad also has a stock s3 which updated itself to 4.3 OTA , so can i download any version and flash it or not

although can you tell me what is the latest one i know its 4.3 but the one with the latest modem and csc and stuff as i cant read the firmware letters and searched for a describtion and didn't find any info (XXELLA , XXEMA2 , .. etc )

another question , is there any mod that switches between 2g/3g networks , like the one in cyangoenmod that switches between network types with one click , i searched but all i can come up with is the play store shourtcuts to network setting

last simple question , what is the best kernel for 4.3 ??

Sorry for long post and questions

19th February 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 365

402 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknesslord606

Hello Guys ,

i'm now runing cm 10.1 with googy max kernel but i want to revert back to stock , but when i go to sammobile and choose my country from the list (Egypt) the latest version is 4.1.2

so my question is , can i choose another country like UK for Example and flash their 4.3 firmware or not ,

my dad also has a stock s3 which updated itself to 4.3 OTA , so can i download any version and flash it or not

although can you tell me what is the latest one i know its 4.3 but the one with the latest modem and csc and stuff as i cant read the firmware letters and searched for a describtion and didn't find any info (XXELLA , XXEMA2 , .. etc )

another question , is there any mod that switches between 2g/3g networks , like the one in cyangoenmod that switches between network types with one click , i searched but all i can come up with is the play store shourtcuts to network setting

For your rom question: yes, you can flash any unbranded rom (GNA7 build is considered the latest one), but if you're planning to root your device, then I suggest flashing a custom rom (there are a lot of GNA7 builds available in 'android dev' thread)- they also come with a variety of modems to choose from (I personally prefer the MK6 modem)

About kernel- there is no 'best' one, it depends on personal requirements...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to amirTor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknesslord606

Hello Guys ,

If you're going back to a stock ROM, then the 2G/3G settings can be changed in the Mobile Data options, I can't remember the exact name of the options as it's been a while since I even looked at it, but you'll know when you see it, hope this helped.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread