Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,397 Members 46,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

domestic gsm not available. ideas and thoughts to solving this carrier block

Tip us?

An0nYm0u5.bat
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default domestic gsm not available. ideas and thoughts to solving this carrier block

Starting thread for general theories, ideas, and ways of removing carrier aw restrictions. Whether or not its possible and to further the chance of 3g/4g on the phone with any domestic gsm carrier.

An0nYm0u5.bat
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Ill lead. Im running straightalk on att from the i535v verizon 4.3 rooted, alliance rom, knox removed by me. Kernel of not telling. many many build.prop and csc tweaks. Safestrapped and efs imei backed up. All the blah blah you can think of. But i can not obtain above edge for anything. I read a post of a guy that got the E to jump to a G for a split second. I know its true. Mine did only once. But since. No. So any thoughts. Ideas. Theroies. On how verizon is locking out the domestic gsm is welcome. Its NOT a hardware issue.. Its a carrier block. Lets work and solve this.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 689
Wrong forum, read the sticky for American handsets
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

An0nYm0u5.bat
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Wrong forum, read the sticky for American handsets
Yea. I thought I had the moderator move it? I noticed after starting it that it was in the 9300 or so forum. But the pm said it was moved. Its not so much a question as a search for those willing to test things. I'm onboard to test anything. Have any and all tools needed, just need ideas above and beyond my own. Some of the best things to ever come about have come from those that thought their ideas were stupid.