5,605,685 Members 48,422 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Two questions before flashing an AOSP rom

Tip us?
 
JellyYogurt
Old
#11  
JellyYogurt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 171
Posts: 939
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqbal Ansari View Post
What is screen on time.
Maybe you have not tried Stock ML2 yet. It is far better than 10.2 in terms of battery(according to your stats.)
I'm at 55% after 20 hours with 2 hours screen on time(heavy to moderate usage).
What apps/games were u using?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
 
Iqbal Ansari
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 667
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
What apps/games were u using?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
Wifi almost 60% of the time.
Heavy browsing around 40 min.
Whatsapp wechat intstagram twitter email (keep checking every hour) (no auto sync)
10 min calling.
Heavy camera usage took around 30+ pics.
maybe 15 min music.
No gaming at all.

I have 70+ apps installed.
Hit thanks if I helped you !

Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
Rom: Keeps changing.
Kernel: Keeps changing.
Radio: NA8

Retired phones:
Htc Incredible S
Sony Xperia pro
Sony walkman w580i
 
JellyYogurt
Old
#13  
JellyYogurt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 171
Posts: 939
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqbal Ansari View Post
Wifi almost 60% of the time.
Heavy browsing around 40 min.
Whatsapp wechat intstagram twitter email (keep checking every hour) (no auto sync)
10 min calling.
Heavy camera usage took around 30+ pics.
maybe 15 min music.
No gaming at all.

I have 70+ apps installed.
How was tat even heavy... Try using 3G for youtube and xda

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
 
Iqbal Ansari
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 667
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
How was tat even heavy... Try using 3G for youtube and xda

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
Have you tried ML2 and still think that Aosp has better battery life.
Then which rom are you using, I would like to use it too.
Hit thanks if I helped you !

Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
Rom: Keeps changing.
Kernel: Keeps changing.
Radio: NA8

Retired phones:
Htc Incredible S
Sony Xperia pro
Sony walkman w580i
 
JellyYogurt
Old
#15  
JellyYogurt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 171
Posts: 939
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqbal Ansari View Post
Have you tried ML2 and still think that Aosp has better battery life.
Then which rom are you using, I would like to use it too.
I am using ML2 now too Have u used cyanogenmod 10.2? How long?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
 
Iqbal Ansari
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 667
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
I am using ML2 now too Have u used cyanogenmod 10.2? How long?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
Never used it at all thats why I was asking. I dont use custom roms cause of the battery and camera.
Thinking of using slimbean 4.3.1. Have you used it. Any review.
Hit thanks if I helped you !

Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
Rom: Keeps changing.
Kernel: Keeps changing.
Radio: NA8

Retired phones:
Htc Incredible S
Sony Xperia pro
Sony walkman w580i
 
JellyYogurt
Old
#17  
JellyYogurt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 171
Posts: 939
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqbal Ansari View Post
Never used it at all thats why I was asking. I dont use custom roms cause of the battery and camera.
Thinking of using slimbean 4.3.1. Have you used it. Any review.
Nvr used slim bean. For aosp I only used cyanogenmod cos I am a fan of touchwiz and samsung camera

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

March of the Droids 2014 Just Two Weeks Away; It’s Not Too Late to Register

If you want to attend an Android developers’ … more

Android App Review: Auto Config Free – XDA Developer TV

In this weeks episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, we talked about customization of … more

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more