[Q] Cant do reboot now in recovery mode,gets Error icon

Tip us?

bluzeee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Cant do reboot now in recovery mode,gets Error icon

Hello there,

I got a new S3 I9300 from ebay and the device status is :modified, Trying Software update gives: "your device has been modified. Software updates are not available".

No modifications made from my side and the seller informed that this is unlocked i re-checked with seller today. Look's like there is a known problem, i see many other users reporting this problem. I tried all the solutions provided in all the forums that google has presented with but none of them worked.

2nd, I'm tried to do Cache wipe it gave the message the wipe complete but when i select reboot now, phone displays error icon. See link:
h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/910/c03735020.jpg

I tried Hard reset, i get the successful message and when i do reboot now, same error icon again and it goes no where from there, i have to hold pressing the power button to restart the phone.

I see this is a china version (CHN) and as well all S planner content etc are in chinese, i'm not able to change it as i know.

Any information on what could be the problem leading to error icon and Any solution to my actual problem ?

Would really appreciate your help,i have already spent 12-15hrs trying to find a solution.

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Can u check if the phone is a fake anot?

Sent from my GT-I9300

sriram231092
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzeee View Post
Hello there,

I got a new S3 I9300 from ebay and the device status is :modified, Trying Software update gives: "your device has been modified. Software updates are not available".

No modifications made from my side and the seller informed that this is unlocked i re-checked with seller today. Look's like there is a known problem, i see many other users reporting this problem. I tried all the solutions provided in all the forums that google has presented with but none of them worked.

2nd, I'm tried to do Cache wipe it gave the message the wipe complete but when i select reboot now, phone displays error icon. See link:
h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/910/c03735020.jpg

I tried Hard reset, i get the successful message and when i do reboot now, same error icon again and it goes no where from there, i have to hold pressing the power button to restart the phone.

I see this is a china version (CHN) and as well all S planner content etc are in chinese, i'm not able to change it as i know.

Any information on what could be the problem leading to error icon and Any solution to my actual problem ?

Would really appreciate your help,i have already spent 12-15hrs trying to find a solution.
what does it say under product name in download mode(volume down+home+power)?
sent from GALAXY NOTE 3

bluzeee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks a lot for taking time and responding to my query.

I have sent the phone back instead of spending anymore time on it. What i see is the firmware installed is of Chinese. I'm not sure how does that affect the apps language though.

Waiting for a new one now.