[Q] Recovering data via Titanium Backup.

OP iamnoobie

18th October 2012, 12:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 4

36 posts
More
I obtained my new Galaxy S III yesterday, yet I cannot recover application data, nor the actual themselves via Titanium Backup.

I am transferring from the T-Mobile G2(HTC Vision). The titanium backup data is from there.

I rooted the Galaxy S III, installed the "Omega v.28" ROM, and installed Titanium Backup from the Google Play Store. However, Titanium Backup can no longer detect the data from my former phone. My query is that must I begin anew, or is there a method by which I may recover the application data.
18th October 2012, 12:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 434

1,913 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnoobie

I obtained my new Galaxy S III yesterday, yet I cannot recover application data, nor the actual themselves via Titanium Backup.

I am transferring from the T-Mobile G2(HTC Vision). The titanium backup data is from there.

I rooted the Galaxy S III, installed the "Omega v.28" ROM, and installed Titanium Backup from the Google Play Store. However, Titanium Backup can no longer detect the data from my former phone. My query is that must I begin anew, or is there a method by which I may recover the application data.

I am not sure in how far titanium can restore data from different phones whereas did you set your backup folder to the correct folder? otherwise the apps do not show up in the restore menu. In addition take into account that restoring system app data is not advised.
18th October 2012, 01:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 4

36 posts
More
I never modified the folder location. I simply removed the SD card from one phone and attached it to the other. Aside from which, I do not require former system application, and I am aware of the hazards of ignorant restoration.
18th October 2012, 01:28 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 5,321

4,113 posts
Donate to Me
Go to preferences and find the backup location just in case the location is wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Arsaw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2012, 01:29 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4,421

23,043 posts
The data layout is different in a different phone .

jje
18th October 2012, 01:39 PM   |  #6  
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 886

3,052 posts
More
I think it's just a matter of backup location change, denomination of sdcard changes among Rom.

Concerning the application data the backup format is the same in every room as it's done by titanium. As long as he doesn't want to restore system data there is no problem, I've already transferred apps + data without problem from my phone to my tablet, and from my LG p990 to the sgs3.
18th October 2012, 04:47 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 185

931 posts
More
Go to TB settings, and show choose the existing backup location...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread