Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 44,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recovering data via Titanium Backup.

Tip us?

iamnoobie
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Recovering data via Titanium Backup.

I obtained my new Galaxy S III yesterday, yet I cannot recover application data, nor the actual themselves via Titanium Backup.

I am transferring from the T-Mobile G2(HTC Vision). The titanium backup data is from there.

I rooted the Galaxy S III, installed the "Omega v.28" ROM, and installed Titanium Backup from the Google Play Store. However, Titanium Backup can no longer detect the data from my former phone. My query is that must I begin anew, or is there a method by which I may recover the application data.
I ask that you thank me if I have aided you, be it inadvertently or intentionally.

Phone history:

1) Sony Ericsson Xperia RAY (Sold)
2) Nokia N8 (Sold)
3) iPhone 3GS (Sold)
4) HTC G2 (Given to father)
5) Samsung Galaxy SIII (In use)

chrismast
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnoobie View Post
I obtained my new Galaxy S III yesterday, yet I cannot recover application data, nor the actual themselves via Titanium Backup.

I am transferring from the T-Mobile G2(HTC Vision). The titanium backup data is from there.

I rooted the Galaxy S III, installed the "Omega v.28" ROM, and installed Titanium Backup from the Google Play Store. However, Titanium Backup can no longer detect the data from my former phone. My query is that must I begin anew, or is there a method by which I may recover the application data.
I am not sure in how far titanium can restore data from different phones whereas did you set your backup folder to the correct folder? otherwise the apps do not show up in the restore menu. In addition take into account that restoring system app data is not advised.
Galaxy S III (I9300T)
Rooted - Radio: I9300TDUELL2 - PhilZ Touch Recovery - Kernel: Googy-Max
ROM: Slim Bean 4.3

Nexus 7 2013
Stock ROM - Not Rooted (lets see how long )

HTC Desire (A8181)
Hboot: Stock | Rooted & S-OFF
Rom: ICS Beta 0.15.0.1 | Radio: 5.17.05.23 | Kernel: Tiamat | Recovery: 4ExtRecovery Touch

iamnoobie
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I never modified the folder location. I simply removed the SD card from one phone and attached it to the other. Aside from which, I do not require former system application, and I am aware of the hazards of ignorant restoration.
I ask that you thank me if I have aided you, be it inadvertently or intentionally.

Phone history:

1) Sony Ericsson Xperia RAY (Sold)
2) Nokia N8 (Sold)
3) iPhone 3GS (Sold)
4) HTC G2 (Given to father)
5) Samsung Galaxy SIII (In use)

Arsaw
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5021

DONATE TO ME
Go to preferences and find the backup location just in case the location is wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Arsaw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
The data layout is different in a different phone .

jje

Striatum_bdr
Old
Thanks Meter 883
I think it's just a matter of backup location change, denomination of sdcard changes among Rom.

Concerning the application data the backup format is the same in every room as it's done by titanium. As long as he doesn't want to restore system data there is no problem, I've already transferred apps + data without problem from my phone to my tablet, and from my LG p990 to the sgs3.

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Go to TB settings, and show choose the existing backup location...