XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Regarding the video player in browser on CM11

Tip us?

un4tural
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Regarding the video player in browser on CM11

first off, i apologize if this doesn't belong here, but i cannot post and ask in the main thread for CM11 in development, as i don't post much, working more on the less you talk the more you listen mentality. However i cannot find anything regarding the integrated (i call it integrated as i cannot find any app which obviously related to it which i could get rid of), which is the video player when playing videos from other websites than youtube, it opens the video with this plug-in like video player.

Now in cm10.1 i could choose to open it with any video player i had installed, after updating to CM11 it just opens it up with that plug-in like player, which is really awkward and slow to use... and i want to get rid of it, however i failed to find anything regarding it on forums or google, not exactly sure what to look for, but did search for everything i could think of, there seemed to be a mention of this without an answer in the development thread though.

I checked settings in both default browser and chrome, opera mini just downloads the video file, which i don't want either. tried disabling java, basically dug through all the settings too... reset my app defaults etc.

If anyone has solution, or suggestions to solving this, please let me know as i spent few hours digging on it with no success

I am on CM11 nightlies, galaxy s3 i9300. And well any suggestions are appreciated... just want the selection for what to open video link with back.

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by un4tural View Post
first off, i apologize if this doesn't belong here, but i cannot post and ask in the main thread for CM11 in development, as i don't post much, working more on the less you talk the more you listen mentality. However i cannot find anything regarding the integrated (i call it integrated as i cannot find any app which obviously related to it which i could get rid of), which is the video player when playing videos from other websites than youtube, it opens the video with this plug-in like video player.

Now in cm10.1 i could choose to open it with any video player i had installed, after updating to CM11 it just opens it up with that plug-in like player, which is really awkward and slow to use... and i want to get rid of it, however i failed to find anything regarding it on forums or google, not exactly sure what to look for, but did search for everything i could think of, there seemed to be a mention of this without an answer in the development thread though.

I checked settings in both default browser and chrome, opera mini just downloads the video file, which i don't want either. tried disabling java, basically dug through all the settings too... reset my app defaults etc.

If anyone has solution, or suggestions to solving this, please let me know as i spent few hours digging on it with no success

I am on CM11 nightlies, galaxy s3 i9300. And well any suggestions are appreciated... just want the selection for what to open video link with back.
Go Settings - Apps - Press menu soft key - Reset app preferences

un4tural
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
Go Settings - Apps - Press menu soft key - Reset app preferences
I've tried that, did reset them, no effect. Was one of the first things i tried... just to be completely clear i want the dialogue to select app when encountering video files online flash or mp4 or whatever to choose what to open them with instead of the attached screenie...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131216_184247.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	2458365  

srikanth003
Old
Thanks Meter 1
In the same boat... using CM11.. I am trying to set 'Avia' as my default player (to play videos through chromecast)..
however couldn't find a way to set this.. and AOSP/Chrome/Dolphin browser starts to play videos (and flash videos) using internal video player inside the browser itself.. and somehow I couldn't find the default internal video player in the Settings -> Apps section. I even disabled 'Gallery' app.. any idea would be appreciated.

Darklife1337
Old
Thanks Meter 0
same problem.. no fixes?

pandalorian
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklife1337 View Post
same problem.. no fixes?
i believe its cm11 'feature',im having the same problem with pure performance X rom :/

Angel wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
we need to solve this problem videos slow
also gif photo disabled at all browsers

Trigueiro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile had the same problem, rebooted and ready ... Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklife1337 View Post
same problem.. no fixes?