Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,840 Members 40,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Regular loss of signal after fixing phone

Tip us?

pnz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnz View Post
I think I've solved this. Used the repair NV data option (to fix broken baseband) in EFS Professional, and it seems to be working fine. Will see if it's still working after a few days though.

My best guess is that this was a file permissions error.
No, not fixed. Worked fine for a few days then the problem came back. Just tried a non-stock ROM (Omega) and same thing. Trying a CM-based ROM now (ParanoidAndroid), but not too hopeful.

Still don't understand why it works for hours/days, then suddenly stops. Rebooting it fixes it the first few times, then that stops working as well (and I get baseband unknown at this point). Flashing a new ROM always fixes it, for a few hours/days anyway.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 683
Sounds like a hardware issue, possibly nand memory becoming corrupt hence why it works for a while on a fresh install.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pnz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Sounds like a hardware issue, possibly nand memory becoming corrupt hence why it works for a while on a fresh install.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Any workarounds you can suggest? Just had the problem happen again on cyanogenmod, so that didn't fix it.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 683
Try reading the freezing thread in general forum, see if the memory test tool will compete after a full wipe and fresh install of a stock firmware.

Other than that only a new motherboard, as the emmc chip is damaged.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.