XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't remember which custom rom I have and want to update

Tip us?

GambitK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't remember which custom rom I have and want to update

I had some troubles with my S3 i9300 with constantly freezing, after investigating about it I decided to install a custom rom with a newer android version than what I had at the time.

Now I can't remember which rom I installed and I want to update to a newer version, after reading in some of the rom install instructions, it mentions some requirements that to tell you the truth, I don't understand about them, or I don't know if my phone has them. I do remember that I installed using the custom recovery menu.

So the question is, can I install a custom rom in my phone? Right now I'm interested in the latest version NeatROM, here is my phone info:

Model: GT-I9300
Android: 4.2.2
Baseband: I9300XXUFME7
Kernel: 3.0.31-702147
se.infra@SEP-86 #1
Tue May 21 18:06:56 KST 2013
Build Number: JDQ39.I9300XXUFME7

Thanks for reading.

kunal1540
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by GambitK View Post
I had some troubles with my S3 i9300 with constantly freezing, after investigating about it I decided to install a custom rom with a newer android version than what I had at the time.

Now I can't remember which rom I installed and I want to update to a newer version, after reading in some of the rom install instructions, it mentions some requirements that to tell you the truth, I don't understand about them, or I don't know if my phone has them. I do remember that I installed using the custom recovery menu.

So the question is, can I install a custom rom in my phone? Right now I'm interested in the latest version NeatROM, here is my phone info:

Model: GT-I9300
Android: 4.2.2
Baseband: I9300XXUFME7
Kernel: 3.0.31-702147
se.infra@SEP-86 #1
Tue May 21 18:06:56 KST 2013
Build Number: JDQ39.I9300XXUFME7

Thanks for reading.
Just download the ROM you want to install.. Put it in your sd card.. Reboot to your recovery.. Make a backup of your rom and efs... And flash the latest 4.3 Sammy rom anyone you are interested in.. but remember to flash a modem for your region during installation.. In case of neat rom you will have that option in aroma installer itself... so ya go ahead and perform all these steps most important of which are backing up efs and your rom...

Sent from my GT-I9300

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Standard method put new rom on ext sd card .
In recovery format system data cache and sd card .
Flash custom rom via recovery .

GambitK
Old
(Last edited by GambitK; 31st January 2014 at 05:09 PM.) Reason: Cleaned
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the responses, I did it like that and everything is working ok.

GambitK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Spoke too soon, data over the mobile network is very slow, I'm restoring the backup.