Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,557 Members 53,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Removal of BootLogo

Tip us?

Jumaqidi
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdaning View Post
The China unicom i9300 is not the same.
Its funny how this post is not even related to this thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jumaqidi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mad-freaky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ai, I was afraid of that....

Does anyone else maybe have an idea?

Frank

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 681
You are attempting to flog a dead horse, no-one has bothered to decompile the bootloader for the i9300 as there is no point, it isn't locked. Only one American model had a lock, which was modded to enable flashing, nothing else.

Just to change the boot logo is a lot of work, for something that lasts just a few seconds.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

mad-freaky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
You are attempting to flog a dead horse, no-one has bothered to decompile the bootloader for the i9300 as there is no point, it isn't locked. Only one American model had a lock, which was modded to enable flashing, nothing else.

Just to change the boot logo is a lot of work, for something that lasts just a few seconds.
Dear BoomBoomer! Thanks for your reply!

Sorry, I haven't replied in a while, but I looked a bit further into the sboot.bin and downloaded a couple more to see how they are different and are still able to flash. What I found is that the only difference is their build date and series nr. and 4 blocks of 256-byte signature (not sure if signature or checksum or something but I have to call it something..)
So I guess I need to figure out how to decompile these 256-byte signatures and make my own... to become awesome!

Dear BoomBoomer, I tried searching google and xda to find anything about the american model with sboot.bin but I found nothing. Do you maybe know the thread or person that modded the sboot.bin of the american version?

Thanks!
Frank

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 681
Nope, sorry.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.