5,598,086 Members 41,891 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I replace a i9300 motherboard with a i747 motherboard??

Tip us?

manmadan03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Can I replace a i9300 motherboard with a i747 motherboard??

Hello Everyone,
I bricked my galaxy sIII i9300 bought in Europe. Now I am looking for a motherboard replacement and found a i747 motherboard in ebay. My question is can I replace the i9300 motherboard with i747 motherboard? If they are not compatible, can you suggest me a way to replace my motherboard?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Madan Raj

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7415
Although to save you having the thread moved or reposting.... the answer is no. You do not want a US model motherboard

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

manmadan03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Thanks!

Thanks for the answer, but can you please tell me why is not a good idea? I would be glad to know the reason as well.
And about reposting: where should I repost this question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Although to save you having the thread moved or reposting.... the answer is no. You do not want a US model motherboard

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Quote:
Originally Posted by manmadan03 View Post
Thanks for the answer, but can you please tell me why is not a good idea? I would be glad to know the reason as well.
And about reposting: where should I repost this question?

Question has been moved by mods to the correct forum .

REASON two different phones hardware see Google for specs .

jje
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7415
Quote:
Thanks for the answer, but can you please tell me why is not a good idea?
...because you wont be able to use the phone!

Its a completely different phone with different CPU and graphics card and connects to completely different network frequencies to the rest of the world.

Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qtwrk
Old
Thanks Meter 724
Just outta curiosity, regard hardware and frequency, if their screen are same, is it possible to switch motherboard?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
if my words are useful or helpful to you , i will appreciate it you click thanks button
GT-i9023 Nexus S
GT-i9250 Galaxy Nexus
GT-i9300 Galaxy S III
GT-s5830 Galaxy Ace
GT-i9300 Galaxy S III
GT-i9506 Galaxy S IV 4G+
GT-i9505 Galaxy S IV (current)

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7415
No idea. Don't even know if the screen is the same or has the same fittings. How many essential components that aren't part of the motherboard need to connect to the replacement and work? What voltage do those components need?

manmadan03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I think you can switch the screen setup of both models, but not sure. I read somewhere that its possible to switch screens. Let me lookit up and share it with you guys.
I was worried about the motherboard and now it seems I have no other choice than dumping my s3 or wait untill I get a i9300 motherboard

Anyways, thanks guys for sharing the information. Just let me know if have to keep something in mind before buying a motherboard. Any help or suggestions are appreciated!
Cheers!

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7415
Quote:
I think you can switch the screen setup of both models, but not sure. I read somewhere that its possible to switch screens. Let me lookit up and share it with you guys.
I was worried about the motherboard and now it seems I have no other choice than dumping my s3 or wait untill I get a i9300 motherboard

Anyways, thanks guys for sharing the information. Just let me know if have to keep something in mind before buying a motherboard. Any help or suggestions are appreciated!
Cheers!
Make sure you buy the right one is only thing you need to be sure of.

fogozito
Old
Thanks Meter 7
i did this and it works. how ever the case wont close xD!!
Motorola 400p > Motorola V3 > LG Chocolate > Nokia N73 > Treo 680 > Iphone 2G > Nokia E71 > Blackberry 8310> BB Storm > BB Bold > SE Xperia X1 > Motorola Dext > Xperia x10 > Dell Streak + Blackberry Nextel > White Xperia X10 + Blackberry 8310 + Acer Iconia Tab A500> Blackberry 9300> Blackberry 9700 + Galaxy Tab > Motorola Razr > Motorola Razr Maxx > Xperia S > Galaxy Note > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Galaxy S III