Reset flash counter of 1 with Triangle Away

Tip us?

Amos91
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Reset flash counter of 1 with Triangle Away

Hi guys,

My flash counter always used to be zero with Omega v51, but after a recent warranty claim I had to revert to stock. Since then I cannot get Triangle Away counter to go back to zero now I've reflashed a custom recovery + root.

I've gone back to the XXBLFB and XXALEF boot loader and tried to reset with triangle away. Most of the time it just freezes on resetting, and when it says its complete (freezes again) I restart and the counter is 1.

I've found triangle away worked best when you had to boot to download mode, press volume up to reset, but it seems not to happen like this anymore.

What am I missing to get the counter back to 0?

Thanks,
Amos

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
I've just done exactly the same thing, downgrade bootloader to BLFB then triangle away. It all worked fine, flash counter is still zero with custom recovery and kernel.

I'd suggest you start again, reflash bootloader and make sure you've got the right flash kernel for triangle away.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

Amos91
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Think I just worked it out. Wasn't playing ball with Googy 2.08. Worked first time with stock kernel.

Lesson learnt!

Even seems to say the samsung version is official and not modified. Result