21st August 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #11  
Flag Reggio Calabria
Thanks Meter: 13

81 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994

no, the new ones will be loaded again when the backup is restored

Partially agree... new messages received while you are reinstalling Whatsapp will be restored.
But the new ones already received will be lost and replaced by your old conversations.
I'm very expert about, when I do hard tweaking and get bootloops (a lots until now), WhatsApp restore is the worst things, I've always to lost something with Nandroid restore [emoji14]
21st August 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I just copy the Whatsapp folder found on the internal SD to my computer. After I do a factory reset with wipe all data on SD, I just copy back the Whatspp folder onto my phones internal SD. While installing Whatsapp, it will find all backup data and restore them. No new messages are lost, everything is just right there.

Sent from my HTC One
21st August 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
New messages will be lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simone98RC

Exactly, but you'll lost newer messages, as I said you can't merge ones with older [emoji106]

Sorry if this is too late for the reply. I just joined the forum.

I had this same problem. As rightly mentioned is an earlier post, you just need to copy paste the old folder and restore from that. Your problem of new messages lost will happen if there is a significant time difference between back up and restore. If not I don't think the new messages are lost.

In my case I had backed up whatsapp but was using it on another handset till the time I restored and so lost the new ones (or had the option to restore only one of the two). I havent come across any forum which helps in clubbing the old and new messages into one backup/ restore.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread