Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 41,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Revolutionary S5 rom for S3 Whatsapp issue

Tip us?

nitin1534
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Revolutionary S5 rom for S3 Whatsapp issue

Hello All,

I am facing a problem while using Rev S5 rom, it is automatically force shut downing Whatsapp on initialize page.
i tried all methods. clearing cache, restored from TB, new install, whatsapp plus. but it is not working.
please help.

Regards,
nitin Kshirsagar.

Fuseless
Old
Thanks Meter 2
same here, any ideas?

adict stranger
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default hope you will find it usefull

remove your current whats app and try to install new whats app plus not whats app plus... it will solve your problem

MickyCushi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default whatsapp crashes

hi,
i don't know if Ricky would get the chance to read my post.
whatsapp app crashes in revoluntionary s5 v3 no matter the effort i put in.
i read in Ricky's post (in the developer forum) that he would resolve this in s5 v4.

my question is, how much longer do we have to wait for v4 Ricky? life is so hard without my whatsapp. And i love this ROM so much that, I don't wanna flash another.

Ricky, can you give us definite date?

PS: thanks for the great work. keep it up

Humbord
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyCushi View Post
hi,
i don't know if Ricky would get the chance to read my post.
whatsapp app crashes in revoluntionary s5 v3 no matter the effort i put in.
i read in Ricky's post (in the developer forum) that he would resolve this in s5 v4.

my question is, how much longer do we have to wait for v4 Ricky? life is so hard without my whatsapp. And i love this ROM so much that, I don't wanna flash another.

Ricky, can you give us definite date?

PS: thanks for the great work. keep it up
Oh, so i'm not the first one to get this kind of problem... Totally the same. Installing is fine, but when i try to log in - it says "android.process.acore is stopped" really quickly, and drops. There is no solution to it right now? Will wait till upgrade then, coz i really love this ROM and dont want to change it only because whatsapp has some issues.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbord View Post
Oh, so i'm not the first one to get this kind of problem... Totally the same. Installing is fine, but when i try to log in - it says "android.process.acore is stopped" really quickly, and drops. There is no solution to it right now? Will wait till upgrade then, coz i really love this ROM and dont want to change it only because whatsapp has some issues.
GUYS! Found a solution!!!! U must go to settings —> applications —> manage applications —> "all" tab and there i had 2 apps named “contacts” and "contacts storage". Then i did "force stop" and "clear data" on both of them, reinstalled whatsapp and tryed to login again - and it's succes! (i did full recovery and wipe data before though. it didnt help, still getting an error, but after fixing contacts - all works fine again.)

Hope that will help others. Have a nice day guys! ;D

MickyCushi
Old
(Last edited by MickyCushi; 16th June 2014 at 04:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I tried it but didn't work for me
The Following User Says Thank You to MickyCushi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shikara13
Old
Thanks Meter 1
No guys whats app is very good there's no issue only reinstall your whats app and I think that it will be nice insha'llah.. don't restore your what's app data after installing it

fix31
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Salam,

Same problem, "android.process.acore is stopped", try all tips & method. Cant'.

MickyCushi
Old
(Last edited by MickyCushi; 25th June 2014 at 09:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbord View Post

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

GUYS! Found a solution!!!! U must go to settings —> applications —> manage applications —> "all" tab and there i had 2 apps named “contacts” and "contacts storage". Then i did "force stop" and "clear data" on both of them, reinstalled whatsapp and tryed to login again - and it's succes! (i did full recovery and wipe data before though. it didnt help, still getting an error, but after fixing contacts - all works fine again.)

Hope that will help others. Have a nice day guys! ;D

Well guys, my whatsapp is working now. this is how i went about it.
1. flash Revolutionary s5 v3
2. Reboot phone
3. flash v3 patch
4. Reboot phone
5. install whatsapp and initialise..... That's it

it worked for me, it should work for u too.

lakshya666
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Whatsapp issue can be solved on Revolutionary s5!!

Revolutionary s5 rom v3 whatsapp issue solved...

Install the Rom in 320 dpi.... i. e. samsung stock dpi...

Now install the v3 patch

And u will have no problem with whatsapp

HIT THANKS IF U LIKED THE SOLUTION

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix31 View Post
Salam,

Same problem, "android.process.acore is stopped", try all tips & method. Cant'.
Revolutionary s5 rom v3 whatsapp issue solved...

Install the Rom in 320 dpi.... i. e. samsung stock dpi...

Now install the v3 patch

And u will have no problem with whatsapp

HIT THANKS IF U LIKED THE SOLUTION