[Q] Revolutionary S5 Rom V2 and V3

OP bob1866@gmail.com

24th June 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
My partner's S III recently developed a problem using the standard Samsung 4.3 OS, it kept halting in the the middle of an application and later started continuously rebooting. As the phone was as far as I was aware, out of warranty and someone suggested there could be a s/w issue, I decided to root the phone and install a custom 4.4.2 ROM (I initially went for the one of the cyanogenmod 4.4.2 ROMs), to see whether that would resolve the problem. Initially, the ROMs I tried all generated error messages and failed to install,until I tried the Revolutioniary S5 V2 ROM, which installed perfectly.

However, it states that iti is a 4.3, rather than 4.4.2 ROM. I ran the ROM for 5 days without any major issues, so decided to try the V3 ROM, as ir was stated that this was 4.4.2 in a number of articles.. Again the ROM installed really quickly and without a hitch. However, again the ROM said it was 4.3, and as soon as I tried to install applications (well it was the third install, Skype if I remember), and the phone turned itself off. Then it started continuously rebooting, which is what was happening before the V2 ROM was installed. managewd to stop this by removing and then putting back the battery, and managed to get the V2 ROM installed again. Ther are three questions:

1) Does anyone have any idea what the initial problem might have been?
2) Why did the V3 ROM actually cause the problem to reoccur?
3) Is there a genuine 4.4.2 release of the Revolutionary S5 ROM (which I am genuinely impressed by and happy with), and will it work with my phone? (specific model i9300)?
25th June 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 348

1,057 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1866@gmail.com

My partner's S III recently developed a problem using the standard Samsung 4.3 OS, it kept halting in the the middle of an application and later started continuously rebooting. As the phone was as far as I was aware, out of warranty and someone suggested there could be a s/w issue, I decided to root the phone and install a custom 4.4.2 ROM (I initially went for the one of the cyanogenmod 4.4.2 ROMs), to see whether that would resolve the problem. Initially, the ROMs I tried all generated error messages and failed to install,until I tried the Revolutioniary S5 V2 ROM, which installed perfectly.

However, it states that iti is a 4.3, rather than 4.4.2 ROM. I ran the ROM for 5 days without any major issues, so decided to try the V3 ROM, as ir was stated that this was 4.4.2 in a number of articles.. Again the ROM installed really quickly and without a hitch. However, again the ROM said it was 4.3, and as soon as I tried to install applications (well it was the third install, Skype if I remember), and the phone turned itself off. Then it started continuously rebooting, which is what was happening before the V2 ROM was installed. managewd to stop this by removing and then putting back the battery, and managed to get the V2 ROM installed again. Ther are three questions:

1) Does anyone have any idea what the initial problem might have been?
2) Why did the V3 ROM actually cause the problem to reoccur?
3) Is there a genuine 4.4.2 release of the Revolutionary S5 ROM (which I am genuinely impressed by and happy with), and will it work with my phone? (specific model i9300)?

1) Not doing a full wipe/ formating system cache data etc or not using the latest recovery or combination of both
2) Not doing a full wipe/ formating system cache data etc or not using the latest recovery or combination of both
3) No

Also I find if switching between 4.3 roms and 4.4 roms (which I do alot) it is good idea to backup internal sd card and to format it (not all the time just if phone becomes really slow or has random reboots)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread