5,595,760 Members 38,170 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RIL and modem problem! I9300 with Cyanogenmod 10.2 Stable!

Tip us?

Roymik
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintilaMMM View Post
I'll look for a modem that suits my needs and post back the result! Thanks!

Edit: If I install a branded modem onto an unbranded device what will happen?

Edit 2: I installed BVELK1 branded to Orange (even if the phone is normally unbranded by default) and works fine! I'll keep testing and I'll decide if I keep this one or resume my search. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
From what I've read, Modem are related to your SIM card carrier and country .. In fact my phone was branded Tim, but my modem is for Vodafone / Europe , matching my actual carrier and works very well..
The Following User Says Thank You to Roymik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VintilaMMM
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roymik View Post
From what I've read, Modem are related to your SIM card carrier and country .. In fact my phone was branded Tim, but my modem is for Vodafone / Europe , matching my actual carrier and works very well..
Thanks, but I consider moving to another network, should I change my modem or is there a way to unlock it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Ronin18
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey

I had the same problem with the high dBm values after installing another modem/RIL
around 1200dBm for weak signal strength und ca. 1900dBm for good signal.

After reinstalling the RIL that came with CM10.2 everything worked fine (I made a Nandroid-backup)

The RIL is just the files in /system/lib/
libril.so
libsec-ril.so

right?
if yes => i could upload it (but I'm not shure if this will break any certificates)