TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Any rom- any modem - shows I have signal, but intermittently no calls or texts

OP Silentbtdeadly

3rd July 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #11  
Flag SiN CiTY
Thanks Meter: 67

297 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentbtdeadly

I'll definitely give it a try.. where is the source you found it from, how did you figure it out? I found this emergency zip uploaded by justarchi that looks like a patched modem.. is this it? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=15
Otherwise, for curiosities sake, if you figured this out(and it does fix my issue), I am QUITE curious how you figured it out!

I found it on xda long ago. But since it took ages to find the link, I bookmarked the link so I could post without having to spend hours scouring threads for it. It was originally in the modem/baseband thread.

AFAIK, JustArchi was referring to old modems no longer working with stock 4.3 firmwares and the resulting corrupted IMEIs when you use old modems or tried to go back to 4.1.2.

This post on my thread recommended patched MK6 kernel + patched MK6 modem.
But I went with just patched MG4 and worked. The issue at that time was no network, but I've been able to resolve network drops with patched modem.

This is just my experience though.

Before you flash the modem, make a backup in PhilZ Recovery first. Backup efs and modem both.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread