Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentbtdeadly View Post
I'll definitely give it a try.. where is the source you found it from, how did you figure it out? I found this emergency zip uploaded by justarchi that looks like a patched modem.. is this it? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=15
Otherwise, for curiosities sake, if you figured this out(and it does fix my issue), I am QUITE curious how you figured it out!
I found it on xda long ago. But since it took ages to find the link, I bookmarked the link so I could post without having to spend hours scouring threads for it. It was originally in the modem/baseband thread.

AFAIK, JustArchi was referring to old modems no longer working with stock 4.3 firmwares and the resulting corrupted IMEIs when you use old modems or tried to go back to 4.1.2.

This post on my thread recommended patched MK6 kernel + patched MK6 modem.
But I went with just patched MG4 and worked. The issue at that time was no network, but I've been able to resolve network drops with patched modem.

This is just my experience though.

Before you flash the modem, make a backup in PhilZ Recovery first. Backup efs and modem both.
Phone History

Quote:
Alcatel One Touch Easy || Nokia 3310 || Nokia 8210 || Nokia 8250 || Samsung C100 || Sony Ericsson T610 || Nokia N-Gage || Nokia 6260 || Nokia 6680 || Nokia 6300 || Nokia N73 Music || iMate Jama || Nokia N79 || Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S || Sony Xperia SL
Search XDA for solutions. Read sticky topics. Enjoy problem-free modding/flashing
~ RazorMC