XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No ROM

Tip us?

TnTMobius
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy No ROM

Today I wanted to update my phone to the '' Probam kk 1.2.2 for the I9300 .. When I wanted to update it said that there was an error (status 7)
so it couldn't complete the installation.

Since I didn't have another ROM ready to install, I wanted to restore the previous one but it said I had no back up (Even tho I made one)
now I tried to mount my /Sdcard to my laptop (while in recovery mode) to upload a new ROM (that works) but he doesn't let me mount it, and I also tried to use an card reader for my external_SD but for some reason it won't read my external_SD ( Or the reader at all at 2 laptops)

so how can I restore my mobile to a ROM?

I tried:

Toolbox
Samsung Kies

Blackwolf10
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTMobius View Post
Today I wanted to update my phone to the '' Probam kk 1.2.2 for the I9300 .. When I wanted to update it said that there was an error (status 7)

Since I didn't have another ROM ready to install, I wanted to restore the previous one but it said I had no back up (Even tho I made one)
now I tried to mount my /Sdcard to my laptop (while in recovery mode) to upload a new ROM (that works) but he doesn't let me mount it, and I also tried to use an card reader for my external_SD but for some reason it won't read my external_SD ( Or the reader at all at 2 laptops)

I tried:

Toolbox
Samsung Kies
first of all you are getting error because you don't have the latest CWM
so first flash CWM 6.0.4.4 and then flash the probam rom if it's still in ur device if not find a phone that supports SD card and put it in it then u can flash from ur Sd card simple
Phone: Galaxy Note 3 SM-900
ROM: Dr.ketan K5
Kernel: Halaszk Cluster V0.16
I am a 17 years old Kurdish boy from Iraq
The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwolf10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tallman43
Old
(Last edited by tallman43; 8th January 2014 at 05:29 PM.) Reason: add information
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:

I tried:

Toolbox
Samsung Kies
Probam needs new updated recovery to install use this >>> http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A..._Edition/i9300 << there are two versions a zip and tar version because you can't use the zip flash the tar version with odin then you will be able to install the rom...

OR Above Answer...

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

Remember,,, There is No Such Thing As A Daft Question! Only A Daft Answer!
Remember...You started as a "Noob" so don't be rude!

TnTMobius
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43 View Post
Probam needs new updated recovery to install use this >>> << there are two versions a zip and tar version because you can't use the zip flash the tar version with odin then you will be able to install the rom...

OR Above Answer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf10 View Post
first of all you are getting error because you don't have the latest CWM
so first flash CWM 6.0.4.4 and then flash the probam rom if it's still in ur device if not find a phone that supports SD card and put it in it then u can flash from ur Sd card simple
Sounds both like good answers, but I can't find a phone (or rather we don't have one.. unless the iPhone supports it..but yeah how can I connect with an android thing to an iPhone/iMac.

HTC one S does not have an SD storage ( What the...)
And my phone does not connect with my laptop so Odin has no use..

Blackwolf10
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Sounds both like good answers, but I can't find a phone (or rather we don't have one.. unless the iPhone supports it..but yeah how can I connect with an android thing to an iPhone/iMac.

HTC one S does not have an SD storage ( What the...)
And my phone does not connect with my laptop so Odin has no use..
well then the situation is sad
try ADB or special Features in ur current CWM may help though I don't know much about it

TnTMobius
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf10 View Post
well then the situation is sad
try ADB or special Features in ur current CWM may help though I don't know much about it
I think I might have found the right phone to help me haha! now I'm hoping your solution will fix the problem!

Blackwolf10
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
I think I might have found the right phone to help me haha! now I'm hoping your solution will fix the problem!
follow it correctly and it will work your not the first user I tell him the solution actually it even happened to me lots of times