XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root My Device

Tip us?

vasili444
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Root My Device

I have Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, I tried to root it using odin, however the computer didn't recognize the device, therefore I tried to root it with other option, using Framaroot, and for some reason I got error#9, and was unable to root my device.

I appreciate your help,
Thanks.

ag4751
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasili444 View Post
I have Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, I tried to root it using odin, however the computer didn't recognize the device, therefore I tried to root it with other option, using Framaroot, and for some reason I got error#9, and was unable to root my device.

I appreciate your help,
Thanks.
If you don't have it then install Samsung Kies on your PC this will install the correct up to date drivers, then connect your phone and make sure you get the message saying drivers being installed, once done run Odin again.

Make sure Kies is not running at the same time as Odin as it wont work if Kies is running.

Use CF Auto Root link in my signature
If I have been helpful remember the Thanks button

Read this thread Understand the basics
EFS / IMIE, Factory Mode, No Network Info Here
The ROM Flashing Tool Odin & Guide & Root
Custom recoveries Philz or TWRP

vasili444
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4751 View Post
If you don't have it then install Samsung Kies on your PC this will install the correct up to date drivers, then connect your phone and make sure you get the message saying drivers being installed, once done run Odin again.

Make sure Kies is not running at the same time as Odin as it wont work if Kies is running.

Use CF Auto Root link in my signature
I installed kies, my phone can connect to it, but I installed the drivers manual and my computer still dont recognize my phone when it turned off.

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
I installed kies, my phone can connect to it, but I installed the drivers manual and my computer still dont recognize my phone when it turned off.
Huh? U installed kies. The drivers are installed automatically when u install kies. How did u still install it manually?

Sent from my GT-I9300.
Give a thank if i helped you.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 564
If you have kies installed then odin won't work. Go read the basic guides in general forum, stick threads.

Don't post duplicate threads for questions asked hundreds of times already, use the search function instead.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Odin will work if Kies is installed but not if its running in the task bar.

ag4751
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Not sure what you mean by my computer still don't recognize my phone when it turned off , if your phone is turned off then no, your computer wont recognise it, because its turned off.

If you installed Kies then the correct drivers will be installed, you start Kies then plug your phone in and make sure Kies recognises it, once that is done close Kies as you don't need it any more, disconnect your phone from your PC and turn it off.

If you have Odin installed already then you need the correct CF Auto root zip from my signature and extract the MD5 file from inside it, start Odin then boot the phone into download mode and plug it into your PC, once its connected click the PDA button in Odin, find the MD5 file then flash it to your phone.

Let your phone reboot and you will have root, you may need to update SuperSU from Play Store to the latest version

Keep Kies up to date by running it now and again to check for updates, this will keep your drivers up to date just ensure it is not running at the same time as Odin as Odin will fail if it is.
If I have been helpful remember the Thanks button

Read this thread Understand the basics
EFS / IMIE, Factory Mode, No Network Info Here
The ROM Flashing Tool Odin & Guide & Root
Custom recoveries Philz or TWRP