[Q] ROOT+Kernel Q

Tip us?

Dr.Luigi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Post [Q] ROOT+Kernel Q

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask if its possible to get a custom Kernel and rooting my international S3 without losing all my apps?

I just dont wanna use Titanium since it would take forever since i've got alot of apps etc.

I've rooted and put a custom rom on another phone a few years ago and i still remember this would delete all your content as you install a new rom,
and i would like to ask if i can avoid that?

Best regards,
DrLuigi

Darkened_Sky
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Luigi View Post
Hey guys,

I wanted to ask if its possible to get a custom Kernel and rooting my international S3 without losing all my apps?

I just dont wanna use Titanium since it would take forever since i've got alot of apps etc.

I've rooted and put a custom rom on another phone a few years ago and i still remember this would delete all your content as you install a new rom,
and i would like to ask if i can avoid that?

Best regards,
DrLuigi
rooting and installing a kernel does not wipe data and you also do not have to wipe it
even flashing a rom does not wipe data, except you choose to wipe it (which is recommend if you change android versions)

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
CF auto root, guide on how to use it in general forum, stickies. It won't wipe your phone.

Please search before starting new threads.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

Dr.Luigi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Do you guys perhaps know a good kernel that can go along with the stock rom that should be safe to not wipe my whole phone?

I know you shouldnt ask for the best rom and such, But this is a specific question.

Thanks for the help.

Darkened_Sky
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Luigi View Post
Do you guys perhaps know a good kernel that can go along with the stock rom that should be safe to not wipe my whole phone?

I know you shouldnt ask for the best rom and such, But this is a specific question.

Thanks for the help.
there are so many: devil, boeffla, googy_max are just some examples I know which work with the stock rom and they are all great (the other ones i have maybe forgotten as well), just try them out and choose the one that suits you best.

and don't be scared: they won't wipe your data

Dr.Luigi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened_Sky View Post
there are so many: devil, boeffla, googy_max are just some examples I know which work with the stock rom and they are all great (the other ones i have maybe forgotten as well), just try them out and choose the one that suits you best.

and don't be scared: they won't wipe your data
Well ye just a little scared of bricking my phone atm and having to reflash everything :P