Can i do partition internal storage ?

OP bitpie

9th March 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

191 posts
More
Hi.
Can i make something like partition on internal storage? i have i9300 16GB internal and it woyld me nice to make 2-3 partition like C, D, E for games, apps, photo. Or game and apps, photo, rest and maybe protect before changing roms. I liek to change roms but its so bored installing all the times the same apps.
Also i want to buy mini sd card but waiting for answer bcs i dont know what to buy and ill install every apps and game on sd card so before change rom ill still have on sd card.
9th March 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 749

3,413 posts
Don't mess with the internal storage, it isn't an sd card and you'll hard brick the phone.

Put everything on your external sd, leave the internal as empty as possible -this will reduce wear on the nand memory.
9th March 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Don't mess with the internal storage, it isn't an sd card and you'll hard brick the phone.

Put everything on your external sd, leave the internal as empty as possible -this will reduce wear on the nand memory.

I dont have external card. I have only intenal Like i said Also i want to buy mini sd card ... i have i9300 16GB interna
9th March 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 445

1,945 posts
More
Quote:

Hi.<br />
Can i make something like partition on internal storage? i have i9300 16GB internal and it woyld me nice to make 2-3 partition like C, D, E for games, apps, photo. Or game and apps, photo, rest and maybe protect before changing roms. I liek to change roms but its so bored installing all the times the same apps.<br />
Also i want to buy mini sd card but waiting for answer bcs i dont know what to buy and ill install every apps and game on sd card so before change rom ill still have on sd card.

When changing roms you still would have to reinstall all games, nevermind if on internal or external sd. Just use Titanium Backup to make it easy and as said don't touch internal memory!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
9th March 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismast

When changing roms you still would have to reinstall all games, nevermind if on internal or external sd. Just use Titanium Backup to make it easy and as said don't touch internal memory!

So this is not like ill install game, apps to micro sd and before changing rom remove mini sd with games, apps and after install new rom put it back to phone ?
9th March 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 445

1,945 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitpie

So this is not like ill install game, apps to micro sd and before changing rom remove mini sd with games, apps and after install new rom put it back to phone ?

I don't think so as the base app or at least some parts is still installed in internal memory whereas e. G. Save games you could copy to external and copy back later if you can find the files.

9th March 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismast

I don't think so as the base app or at least some parts is still installed in internal memory whereas e. G. Save games you could copy to external and copy back later if you can find the files.

What about installing directly to the sd card ? Full app ill be there ??
9th March 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 190

1,097 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitpie

What about installing directly to the sd card ? Full app ill be there ??

Nope. The apk will be on the internal sd, u can only put the DATA not apk in the ext sd.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jumaqidi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread