ROOT

OP Dr.Luigi

23rd August 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Luigi

Well i meant boeffla of course, Well i cant get it to work, What are the keys to get into TWRP recovery?

As in download mode it tells me its custom, but i cant get into it..

tryed quiet a few combis already

Edit:

Tryed again, i cant reboot if i did it would get the old recovery back, so in a push method it worked,

Now SuperSU, i might get a ROM but aint sure yet, Do kernels work on the stock rom aswell?
Last edited by Dr.Luigi; 23rd August 2014 at 06:32 PM.
23rd August 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #12  
Flag Reggio Calabria
Thanks Meter: 13

82 posts
More
Quote:

Edit:

Tryed again, i cant reboot if i did it would get the old recovery back, so in a push method it worked,

Now SuperSU, i might get a ROM but aint sure yet, Do kernels work on the stock rom aswell?

Yes, BOEFFLA works also on stock rom (make sure to flash the correct zip file)... but I haven't understood your problem: can't reboot, old recovery back... what?
The Following User Says Thank You to Simone98RC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member

121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simone98RC

Yes, BOEFFLA works also on stock rom (make sure to flash the correct zip file)... but I haven't understood your problem: can't reboot, old recovery back... what?

Ye nevermind that,

The problem is when i flashed my recovery, that when i reboot it switched automaticly back to the orginal stock recovery,

Only way to repair this was to not reboot, but goto the Philz recovery directly and reinstall the recovery program,

Also rooted it now,

So i can simple install Boefflo on my S3 international, With stock rom and ROOT, philz recovery?

If so that would be sweet ^^
As it should be more sufficient as far as battery goes, and a small overclock to like 1.6Ghz is reasonable ive heard,
1.8 is to high if i can believe those on some forums.
23rd August 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #14  
Flag Reggio Calabria
Thanks Meter: 13

82 posts
More
Since the last stable release you can overclock up to 1704 Mhz... and no more 1.5 Ghz step, I don't know the reason.
As I said, BOEFFLA works almost on every rom, but you habe to flash a different zip file for Samsung and AOSP roms.

Why can't you get a custom recovery? Are you sure to flash them reproducing properly the reported Odin guide (what to check in app, where to write file, etc.)?
It's a strange problem, rom "might" be cause by replacing the new recovery with the stock one, I think, but I'm not absolutely sure.
Last edited by Simone98RC; 23rd August 2014 at 11:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Simone98RC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member

121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simone98RC

Since the last stable release you can overclock up to 1704 Mhz... and no more 1.5 Ghz step, I don't know the reason.
As I said, BOEFFLA works almost on every rom, but you habe to flash a different zip file for Samsung and AOSP roms.

Why can't you get a custom recovery? Are you sure to flash them reproducing properly the reported Odin guide (what to check in app, where to write file, etc.)?
It's a strange problem, rom "might" be cause by replacing the new recovery with the stock one, I think, but I'm not absolutely sure.

Well like i said i've fixed that,

The standard way to flash doesnt work, As once i get booted in Samsung ROM, It fixes it, So you have to goto your Recovery immeaditly when youve flashed it, and flash it again in the custom recovery, and then it does work.

Well i will see, aint sure yet if i will do it the kernel and romming.

Thanks for the help
24th August 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 62

269 posts
More
Quote:

Well like i said i've fixed that,

The standard way to flash doesnt work, As once i get booted in Samsung ROM, It fixes it, So you have to goto your Recovery immeaditly when youve flashed it, and flash it again in the custom recovery, and then it does work.

Well i will see, aint sure yet if i will do it the kernel and romming.

Thanks for the help

Here is also a great kernel. Check this out http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...amera-t2517875
The Following User Says Thank You to Tkkg1994 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread