Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted or not? very strange

Tip us?

azim285
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooted or not? very strange

Hi, i've purchased an siii today gti9300 and i am very confused as to what is going on.

First of all, it shows that there is na update available but when I try to download it it says cannot be done because its been modified. (tried the miscrosd fix even though am not using a microsd, and couple of other things and nothing worked)

So I wanted to know if its rooted or not, installed root checked and it says that it is. Then I found out OTA isnt good for a rooted phone. Great so lets unroot!

Went into download mode and the first 2 rows are blank and it appears to tell me that it isnt rooted so i am now very confused as when i tried to flash the stock rom on odin it failed.

below is what I see

product name:
custom binary download: no
current binary: samsung official
system status: custom

I9300XXELL4 is the firmware curtrently instaleld and i wanted to reflash it with the same as its the stock firmware

thanks in advance

The reason I am trying to fix this is because I believe its causing the issue with my touch screen which is tempremental. it works but sometimes i have to press it few times or when i scroll it clicks instead. I read the below which is makign me think the software is to blame:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2630555

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2574175&page=2

amirTor
Old
Thanks Meter 365
I think that you bought a rooted device which went unrooted (using root manager apps like SuperSU), but the previous owner didn't flash a stock rom afterwards (so the rom is still acknowledged as rooted)

You can convert it into fully official by flashing stock rom (from sammobile, etc) via odin

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 681
The blank product name is usually due to hardware failure, you may have bigger problems than just modified status.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.