Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted using toolkit 5.0,need help

Tip us?

Tsunamijhoe
Old
(Last edited by Tsunamijhoe; 26th October 2012 at 04:49 PM.) Reason: update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rooted using toolkit 5.0,need help

Hello guys.

Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me. I rooted my new phone using the toolkit method from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1703488 and now i am confused about the firmware versions,and if the kernel was changed and such. I forgot to check all these versions before i rooted the phone,so have no idea if these are the original ones.

My phone is bought and used in Denmark,however the firmware suggests it is now a uk version looking at the country code could this be correct? If i look at this http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?p...ype=1#firmware my AP/PDA number is the same,but the CSC number is different,is this normal?

this is apparently the stock samsung firmware for my phone PDA:I9300XXBLH3 CSC:I9300HTDBLH1 from the sammobil site, and after root mine says PDA/AP: I9300XXBLH3 CSC:I9300NEEBLH2

I would like to know if this is normal? Can i use the 4.1.1. jellybean (2012 October 4.1.1 PDA:I9300XXDLJ1 CSC:I9300HTDDLI1) on my phone using odin to flash it? Or do i have to find a firmware with exactly the same numbers as my current ones?

I am afraid i might have done something wrong,however everything works,and root checker says i have root access,and superuser is installed on the phone,if the toolkit has "updated" or changed my firmware/kernel to a uk one,does it matter?

Also,after root my phone now shows up as Galaxy Tab in utorrent,but it is still I9300 in my windows7, why is this?

Did toolkit 5.0 save my original rom/kernel/firmware before rooting? If so,where?

I would be extremely grateful for someone to easy my worrying

Thank You

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
[QUOTE=Tsunamijhoe;33301635]Hello guys.

My phone is bought and used in Denmark,however the firmware suggests it is now a uk version looking at the country code could this be correct?

>>>>Yes if that's what has been flashed or that's what the original was .

this is apparently the stock samsung firmware for my phone PDA:I9300XXBLH3 CSC:I9300HTDBLH1 from the sammobil site, and after root mine says PDA/AP: I9300XXBLH3 CSC:I9300NEEBLH2

>>>>You have not changed your CSC see stickie/ index

I would like to know if this is normal? Can i use the 4.1.1. jellybean (2012 October 4.1.1 PDA:I9300XXDLJ1 CSC:I9300HTDDLI1) on my phone using odin to flash it? Or do i have to find a firmware with exactly the same numbers as my current ones?
>>>> Any firmware on any I9300 .

Also,after root my phone now shows up as Galaxy Tab in utorrent,but it is still I9300 in my windows7, why is this?

>>>>>Need to ask Utorrent

Did toolkit 5.0 save my original rom/kernel/firmware before rooting? If so,where?

>>>> No idea read the thread for the toolkit But very very unlikely .

BASICS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1927113

jje
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tsunamijhoe
Old
(Last edited by Tsunamijhoe; 26th October 2012 at 09:59 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for the answer. I understand everything now.. And it works fine.. I did however use the wrong firmware rom,so i got different operator,i found the correct stock firmware,and will be starting from scratch using the cf-root method with the correct stock rom.

Thank you