Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,336 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting Help

Tip us?

daringsmart
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Default Rooting Help

Hello peeps after long time i am thinking to root my damn S3 i9300 so please guide me the version of my phone is 4.0.4 ICS sounds not good right ??? and i want to have 4.4.2 rom alright so pls tell me

1st how to root and install cwm or any other recovery
2nd i think to run 4.4.2 i need to install kernal
then tell me wch rom is good for daily ride

regards

eskorpiao112
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by daringsmart View Post
Hello peeps after long time i am thinking to root my damn S3 i9300 so please guide me the version of my phone is 4.0.4 ICS sounds not good right ??? and i want to have 4.4.2 rom alright so pls tell me

1st how to root and install cwm or any other recovery
2nd i think to run 4.4.2 i need to install kernal
then tell me wch rom is good for daily ride

regards
Why you don't update to 4.3? I has been reading the forum and i think that it's better to the phone be updated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to eskorpiao112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 673
Go read the sticky thread in general forum, you are missing most basic knowledge.

As above, updating to latest stock rom is recommended. 4.0 will kill the phone memory.

Don't ask for rom recommendation.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daringsmart
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
so u mean i have to update my phone to 4.3 right ?

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 673
Yes, 4.3 is the latest stock rom.

Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daringsmart
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Yes, 4.3 is the latest stock rom.

can u say how to update frm 4.0.4 to 4.3

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 673
Yes, go read the sticky thread on how to use odin. Download the right firmware for your country at sammobile.com

Quote: