Rooting Issue

OP Calorian

20th May 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 21

62 posts
More
Hey guys,

I'll start by saying that I wouldn't normally post like this so please don't overlook or shoot me down too harshly. I have done extensive searching on XDA and google and found nothing yet so if this has been answered, please simply point me in the right direction.I have experience in rooting and custom roms and what not yet I cannot seem to root my I9300 (JB 4.3 build; i9300xxugnd3).

I have tried the Odin-CFroot way. With three different version of CFroot, several versions of Odin (as admin) and all the USB ports I have.
I also checked that kies wasn't running at all yet still this method just freezes at recovery.img until I stop it (Even waited an hour plus!!)

Also tried the K1mu safe root which simply froze at "sending files to device" and nothing happens either.

I simply want to root the phone, Is that too much!

Cheers
Sent from my Transformer (KitKat 4.4)
20th May 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 14

44 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calorian

Hey guys,

I'll start by saying that I wouldn't normally post like this so please don't overlook or shoot me down too harshly. I have done extensive searching on XDA and google and found nothing yet so if this has been answered, please simply point me in the right direction.I have experience in rooting and custom roms and what not yet I cannot seem to root my I9300 (JB 4.3 build; i9300xxugnd3).

I have tried the Odin-CFroot way. With three different version of CFroot, several versions of Odin (as admin) and all the USB ports I have.
I also checked that kies wasn't running at all yet still this method just freezes at recovery.img until I stop it (Even waited an hour plus!!)

Also tried the K1mu safe root which simply froze at "sending files to device" and nothing happens either.

I simply want to root the phone, Is that too much!

Cheers
Sent from my Transformer (KitKat 4.4)

Check out below link......

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app
20th May 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 749

3,397 posts
Can you flash normally with Odin? Try a factory reset then flash the latest stock firmware, if that works then try CFautoroot again.

If the firmware fails to flash then you have emmc issues.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
20th May 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

62 posts
More
I think it's already running the latest stock. I'll try again after work today but I don't seem to be getting anywhere fast at this point.

Sent from my Ace II (Maclaw's CM11)
20th May 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratvim

Check out below link......
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053
Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

I have no custom recovery and stock recovery cannot flash that package. I also cannot flash any custom recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Can you flash normally with Odin? Try a factory reset then flash the latest stock firmware, if that works then try CFautoroot again.
If the firmware fails to flash then you have emmc issues.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have tried flashing a couple of CWM Touch imgs and CFroots but they fail. Odin 3.07+3.09 still freezes at "recovery.img" but Odin 3.04+3.06 and 1.85 finishes at "<ID:0/009> Complete(Write) operation failed." - I am currently trying to download a stock image from Samobile but they have a server issue so its going to be really slow. Any ideas in the meantime?
Last edited by Calorian; 20th May 2014 at 05:24 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread