Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 44,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

need my s/n

Tip us?

brandynscan
Old
(Last edited by brandynscan; 20th June 2014 at 05:26 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default need my s/n

Hello yesterday i tried to install a deodexed stock rom of kitkat, unfortunately, my phone lost data and had to be reset because apps were failing uncontrollably.

After hours of trying to fix it, it is now stuck on the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again." Now when i go into kies and goto emergency recovery my device doesn't show up, and kies tells me the connected device isn't supported (I've tried the newest keys and the older one).

When i try to install new firmware from keys i try to type the s/n on my battery and it says its incorrect, im guessing someone has replaced the battery in this phone before, so possibly if i can find the serial number then i can update it from kies.

Any help on getting this phone back up and running would be great!!

I have a galaxy s 3 SCH-R530 from US Cellular

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 174
serial number of the PHONE is on the PHONE. To see sticker you have to remove battery
HTC HD2 (still alive and kicking), I9000, I9300, I9505

delsus
Old
Thanks Meter 848
The serial number is on the phone, on the sticker under the battery. It should also be on the box the phone came in if you still have it.

Are you sure you can't access download mode, and flash with Odin? When I was on that screen I managed to get it into download mode and flash, and it's much much easier and reliable than Kies recovery.
Device: Xperia Z2

ROM: Stock

Kernel: Stock

brandynscan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by delsus View Post
The serial number is on the phone, on the sticker under the battery. It should also be on the box the phone came in if you still have it.

Are you sure you can't access download mode, and flash with Odin? When I was on that screen I managed to get it into download mode and flash, and it's much much easier and reliable than Kies recovery.
I can now access download mode but anything i try to flash in fails. I think i need to get the stock rom, and flash it back in to fix my device, although i was able to get it to boot but i had no data or wifi etc.. but now i can only acces the download mode and recovery.

Also i dont have the box nor is the s/n on the phone sticker.

alecore
Old
Thanks Meter 11
try to flash stock firmware if that doesn't help ,go to general forum and search for rescue firmware and flash it ,if that doesn't help ,i'm afraid you have to go at service .

tallman43
Old
(Last edited by tallman43; 21st June 2014 at 09:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Default need my s/n
Hello yesterday i tried to install a deodexed stock rom of kitkat, unfortunately, my phone lost data and had to be reset because apps were failing uncontrollably.

After hours of trying to fix it, it is now stuck on the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again." Now when i go into kies and goto emergency recovery my device doesn't show up, and kies tells me the connected device isn't supported (I've tried the newest keys and the older one).

When i try to install new firmware from keys i try to type the s/n on my battery and it says its incorrect, im guessing someone has replaced the battery in this phone before, so possibly if i can find the serial number then i can update it from kies.

Any help on getting this phone back up and running would be great!!

I have a galaxy s 3 SCH-R530 from US Cellular
You are in the wrong forum for your device any advice given here can potentially brick your device especially flashing the rescue firmware as suggested above (the rescue firmware in this forum is for the 19300 international)!!

Do not flash anything from this forum or you will brick your device please ask mod to move the thread.

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6