FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

S3 Battery: Not charging fully and draining VERY fast :(

9th April 2014, 09:26 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi All,

The battery on my Galaxy S3 is not charging fully even when on charge all night (it will get to about 70 - 75%) in 10 hours of charging.

During the day, when not on charge, the battery drops like a stone, as you can see in the below screenshots.

I think this started happening when I updated the Samsung firmware to 4.3, but can't be 100% sure. I have tried a tip I found about turning off email sync, but with no change.

Can anyone offer me any help with this?

Cheers

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-09-09-09-06.png
Views:	140
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	2676429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-09-09-08-50.png
Views:	165
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	2676430   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-09-09-09-24.png
Views:	163
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	2676431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-09-09-09-35.png
Views:	157
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	2676432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-09-09-12-26.png
Views:	147
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	2676433  
 
 
9th April 2014, 10:28 AM |#2  
Shrewdy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 249
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzuko

Hi All,

The battery on my Galaxy S3 is not charging fully even when on charge all night (it will get to about 70 - 75%) in 10 hours of charging.

During the day, when not on charge, the battery drops like a stone, as you can see in the below screenshots.

I think this started happening when I updated the Samsung firmware to 4.3, but can't be 100% sure. I have tried a tip I found about turning off email sync, but with no change.

Can anyone offer me any help with this?

Cheers

Dan

Well .. how old is your device?? coz a battery is not going to last forever .... may be it has lived up its life...
coz i have updated to Stock 4.3 firmware as well and my S3 is around 18months old ... but i am getting an average battery life ...

Thanks
9th April 2014, 11:12 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewdy

Well .. how old is your device?? coz a battery is not going to last forever .... may be it has lived up its life...
coz i have updated to Stock 4.3 firmware as well and my S3 is around 18months old ... but i am getting an average battery life ...

Thanks

It is about 18 months old. Could be the battery, but I would expect it to last a bit longer than this. It didn't slowly lose charge, it just started dropping very quickly one day.
9th April 2014, 03:37 PM |#4  
Shrewdy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 249
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzuko

It is about 18 months old. Could be the battery, but I would expect it to last a bit longer than this. It didn't slowly lose charge, it just started dropping very quickly one day.

May be then you can try some other Modified 4.3 Stock roms (like NeatRom, ArchiDroid's Rom etc.) to see what battery performance you get ...
And if you still have the same problem ... the only way to make sure is to buy a new one ...

Thanks
9th April 2014, 03:57 PM |#5  
nikctsh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
That's horrible. Did you perform a clean wipe after upgrading to 4.3? If you didn't, I suggest you to.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikctsh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 03:07 PM |#6  
ZeeX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kirkuk
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
If your device is rooted i highly recommend you to get Boeffla Kernel and It's Boeffla Config application from Play Store and from the configuration app set the AC current to a higher number and enable ignore safety margin.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeeX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 09:57 PM |#7  
RazorMC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SiN CiTY
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzuko

It is about 18 months old. Could be the battery, but I would expect it to last a bit longer than this. It didn't slowly lose charge, it just started dropping very quickly one day.

Faced this issue. Kept losing 10-15% per hour. Changed roms and still had this issue occasionally.
Problem was the battery. Changed it and no issues so far.

A lot of people use the phone for games, movies etc while charging and this shortens the life-span a lot.


~ RazorMC
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes