Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S3 Battery: Not charging fully and draining VERY fast :(

Tip us?

Dazzuko
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default S3 Battery: Not charging fully and draining VERY fast :(

Hi All,

The battery on my Galaxy S3 is not charging fully even when on charge all night (it will get to about 70 - 75%) in 10 hours of charging.

During the day, when not on charge, the battery drops like a stone, as you can see in the below screenshots.

I think this started happening when I updated the Samsung firmware to 4.3, but can't be 100% sure. I have tried a tip I found about turning off email sync, but with no change.

Can anyone offer me any help with this?

Cheers

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-09-09-09-06.png
Views:	138
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	2676429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-09-09-08-50.png
Views:	163
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	2676430   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-09-09-09-24.png
Views:	161
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	2676431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-09-09-09-35.png
Views:	155
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	2676432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-09-09-12-26.png
Views:	145
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	2676433  

Shrewdy
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzuko View Post
Hi All,

The battery on my Galaxy S3 is not charging fully even when on charge all night (it will get to about 70 - 75%) in 10 hours of charging.

During the day, when not on charge, the battery drops like a stone, as you can see in the below screenshots.

I think this started happening when I updated the Samsung firmware to 4.3, but can't be 100% sure. I have tried a tip I found about turning off email sync, but with no change.

Can anyone offer me any help with this?

Cheers

Dan
Well .. how old is your device?? coz a battery is not going to last forever .... may be it has lived up its life...
coz i have updated to Stock 4.3 firmware as well and my S3 is around 18months old ... but i am getting an average battery life ...

Thanks

Samsung Galaxy S III (I9300) Running....

OS: [ROM] [4.4.2] [Stock] [Sammy] [N7100 Port] ArchiPort | Finished
Theme: Darkydroid

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you plz just don't say Thanks ... Hit the Thanks button below

Dazzuko
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewdy View Post
Well .. how old is your device?? coz a battery is not going to last forever .... may be it has lived up its life...
coz i have updated to Stock 4.3 firmware as well and my S3 is around 18months old ... but i am getting an average battery life ...

Thanks
It is about 18 months old. Could be the battery, but I would expect it to last a bit longer than this. It didn't slowly lose charge, it just started dropping very quickly one day.

Shrewdy
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
It is about 18 months old. Could be the battery, but I would expect it to last a bit longer than this. It didn't slowly lose charge, it just started dropping very quickly one day.
May be then you can try some other Modified 4.3 Stock roms (like NeatRom, ArchiDroid's Rom etc.) to see what battery performance you get ...
And if you still have the same problem ... the only way to make sure is to buy a new one ...

Thanks

Samsung Galaxy S III (I9300) Running....

OS: [ROM] [4.4.2] [Stock] [Sammy] [N7100 Port] ArchiPort | Finished
Theme: Darkydroid

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you plz just don't say Thanks ... Hit the Thanks button below

nikctsh
Old
Thanks Meter 30
That's horrible. Did you perform a clean wipe after upgrading to 4.3? If you didn't, I suggest you to.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikctsh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Saad_
Old
Thanks Meter 39
If your device is rooted i highly recommend you to get Boeffla Kernel and It's Boeffla Config application from Play Store and from the configuration app set the AC current to a higher number and enable ignore safety margin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saad_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RazorMC
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Faced this issue. Kept losing 10-15% per hour. Changed roms and still had this issue occasionally.
Problem was the battery. Changed it and no issues so far.

A lot of people use the phone for games, movies etc while charging and this shortens the life-span a lot.

~ RazorMC
Phone History

Quote:
Alcatel One Touch Easy || Nokia 3310 || Nokia 8210 || Nokia 8250 || Samsung C100 || Sony Ericsson T610 || Nokia N-Gage || Nokia 6260 || Nokia 6680 || Nokia 6300 || Nokia N73 Music || iMate Jama || Nokia N79 || Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S || Sony Xperia SL
Search XDA for solutions. Read sticky topics. Enjoy problem-free modding/flashing
~ RazorMC