XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S3 battery draining even while turned off

Tip us?

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony001 View Post
Can anyone tell me what process run when the phone is off? does it need battery to stay alive? how can I know if my battery doesnt have leak?
Goto developers option and tick show cpu usage.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you

slim_thumb
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony001 View Post
Im not sure why its draining even when the device is off. Is it the S3 or the battery thats faulty? Anyone had similar experience?
Yes I have the same experience.

It seems to be the problem with the phone because I tested this on the OEM battery and Anker battery (3rd party brand with good reputation, not some cheap china batteries).

I never turn the phone on when I tested this, but you can see the battery level indicator when you plug in the charge cable. I had both batteries charged to full (green light comes on) then pull the charge cable. When I replug the cable (and phone is off of course), both batteries can lose up to maybe 1/10 of the level bar as soon as 2 hours!! The level is nearly zero after 24 hours.

I charged up the batteries full again, then took it out and leave it out overnight. The phone shows full battery level when I put the battery back in the following day.

When the phone is switched off, it still consumes battery eg. to keep the clock running, but it should drain really slowly. Maybe it is the problem with the S3 battery level reporting, or maybe something is eating battery. I never felt any heat when the phone is off, plugged in for charging or not.

shouk_1987
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Following