Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 46,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S3 battery life worse than the usual "bad"

Tip us?

Knucklez09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default S3 battery life worse than the usual "bad"

I'm on liquid smooth nightly, the latest kit Kat one and I'm at 75% the first hour.. On Wi-Fi. The only thing I'm doing is restoring titanium back ups and installing apps. I'm using the badass governor, even though I don't know what it does, and have locations and Bluetooth turned off.
I'm coming from cyanogenmod because my battery was bad on that and I though a new rom after wiping everything would help my battery. I just made it worse. I wiped data and both caches too. The screen has been on the whole hour, but 75% is terrible. I used to go 30 plus hours easily on the same battery.
This phone is over 3 years old with the same battery so could that be the problem? Should I be using an official Samsung charger? O already tried the format option, that did nothing. What options can I change to get decent battery life again. Downgrade? Please help, posting on forums is my last resort, I read multiple posts about this problem and nothing worked for me.

Pulseuser
Old
Thanks Meter 11
1. If your battery is as old as your phone...then woah...you should probably get a new battery.
2. If you don't know how the governor "badass" works then you probably shouldn't use it. I don't know how it works either..it could be used for performance which would likely drain battery.
3. Use governors pegasusq, pegasusqplus, Zzmoove or on demand(tuned) as these tend to work well for battery.
4. I've heard battery on kitkat Roms tend not to be good?
5. Try a stock based ROM if your willing.
6. Install betterbatterystats to see if any apps are waking your phone when its in deep sleep and thus draining battery periodically.
7. Install greenify...and hibernate apps you don't need to be running in the background.
8. Profit. (maybe )

Hope this has helped

Sent from a "Galaxy" far, far away with my Ultra Ray Gun

Knucklez09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Very helpful.. I don't have your governor options except on demand so I'll do some research on that. Think I'll order a new battery because I'm already using greenify and auto killer. I'll try a stock rom if all that fails lol. Unwanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulseuser View Post
1. If your battery is as old as your phone...then woah...you should probably get a new battery.
2. If you don't know how the governor "badass" works then you probably shouldn't use it. I don't know how it works either..it could be used for performance which would likely drain battery.
3. Use governors pegasusq, pegasusqplus, Zzmoove or on demand(tuned) as these tend to work well for battery.
4. I've heard battery on kitkat Roms tend not to be good?
5. Try a stock based ROM if your willing.
6. Install betterbatterystats to see if any apps are waking your phone when its in deep sleep and thus draining battery periodically.
7. Install greenify...and hibernate apps you don't need to be running in the background.
8. Profit. (maybe )

Hope this has helped

Sent from a "Galaxy" far, far away with my Ultra Ray Gun

tahir590
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, its battery timing is not good.

ArkThompson
Old
Thanks Meter 5
What is your battery like on stock roms? I've found that stock + a custom kernel works the best in terms of both battery life and stability.

bentleyboy
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Mostly sounds like the battery is just old as butt. I had a bum battery when I first got mine and luckily got a replacement for free. The new one has been working fine ever since (been a lot less than 3 years) but 3 years on one battery is pretty darn good if you ask me. OF course there could always be some sort of other problem but everyone's best guess says get a new batt. Hope it works out.