Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,208 Members 38,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S3 battery problems

Tip us?

Unseenfury
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default S3 battery problems

Hi,

Recently, compagny for the one i work bought around 100 Galaxy S3 for the technician on the road and for everyone else. Most of us found that the battery doesnt last the full day. Around 3-4 hours and we all work mostly 8-10 hours per day.

We installed Airwatch to prevent users of installing apps in the phone butwe still have problem with the battery... Phone cant be root / custom roms.

Is there another way to removed nearly all applications that we dont want and that can drain battery. We only need like bluettoth, phone email and calendar. All the rest can be removed to save battery.

Thanks a lot

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenfury View Post
Hi,

Recently, compagny for the one i work bought around 100 Galaxy S3 for the technician on the road and for everyone else. Most of us found that the battery doesnt last the full day. Around 3-4 hours and we all work mostly 8-10 hours per day.

We installed Airwatch to prevent users of installing apps in the phone butwe still have problem with the battery... Phone cant be root / custom roms.

Is there another way to removed nearly all applications that we dont want and that can drain battery. We only need like bluettoth, phone email and calendar. All the rest can be removed to save battery.

Thanks a lot
No not without root... Most system apps are bloatware and can be removed to improve performance and battery life but like i said you need root to do this.

You can do things to save battery life like turn screen display down turn off gps etc also you can also download apps from play store to help save battery (but these are not as effective as uninstalling system apps) and since you have barred the download of apps this obviously is not possible.

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6
The Following User Says Thank You to tallman43 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Unseenfury
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
thanks a lot for the answer
The Following User Says Thank You to Unseenfury For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jumaqidi
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Do u mean 3-4 screen on time or standby time?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app