Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 50,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S3 can't boot, all i get is battery icon

Tip us?

DHeffernan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default S3 can't boot, all i get is battery icon

So the phone has been sitting for about a month or so since I got a iPhone 5S. Yesterday I took it out to wipe so I can sell it. Phone was dead which is to be expected due to battery. I charged it up battery read 100% but as soon as I power it up it comes back to the battery screen like its charging..

Then it goes from gray battery screen with a circle to off, and back to that.. for hours. I get into download mode and I wiped it and did a factory reset however I still can't seem to get into the OS.

I managed to get into the OS once but it basically rebooted itself after I did the initial configuration and hitting skip a few times. Now I am having a hard time getting into Download Mode again, it starts to go back simply reboots itself before it gets into it.

What can I do? I am so frustrated with this phone that I am about to smash it to pieces.. the simcard and sd card are removed from the device.

Cool_of_Finland
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Questions belong into the Q&A subforum. Ask a moderator to move this thread.

And have you ruled out that your power button isn't stuck? Constant rebooting makes it sound like it's stuck.