Ask a question

No registration required

S3 can't boot, all i get is battery icon

OP DHeffernan

10th May 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

198 posts
So the phone has been sitting for about a month or so since I got a iPhone 5S. Yesterday I took it out to wipe so I can sell it. Phone was dead which is to be expected due to battery. I charged it up battery read 100% but as soon as I power it up it comes back to the battery screen like its charging..

Then it goes from gray battery screen with a circle to off, and back to that.. for hours. I get into download mode and I wiped it and did a factory reset however I still can't seem to get into the OS.

I managed to get into the OS once but it basically rebooted itself after I did the initial configuration and hitting skip a few times. Now I am having a hard time getting into Download Mode again, it starts to go back simply reboots itself before it gets into it.

What can I do? I am so frustrated with this phone that I am about to smash it to pieces.. the simcard and sd card are removed from the device.
10th May 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #2  
Flag Pääkaupunkiseutu
Thanks Meter: 6

22 posts
More
Questions belong into the Q&A subforum. Ask a moderator to move this thread.

And have you ruled out that your power button isn't stuck? Constant rebooting makes it sound like it's stuck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread