S3 still a good buy?

OP moriansafas

17th March 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

132 posts
Hey guys

Should I rather buy a s3 or another smartphone if I want to flash a custom rom and have a reliable handy? I have a i9000 now and want a new smartphone that is faster and still has got frequent community support.
Also, I read that the european version has got an exynos chipset, is that a problem for custom rom support?

Thank you for helping!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
17th March 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 15

147 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriansafas

Hey guys

Should I rather buy a s3 or another smartphone if I want to flash a custom rom and have a reliable handy? I have a i9000 now and want a new smartphone that is faster and still has got frequent community support.
Also, I read that the european version has got an exynos chipset, is that a problem for custom rom support?

Thank you for helping!

Dont get an S3, We might not get official KitKat and custom ROM support seems to be slowing down. In fact, dont get Samsung, go HTC / LG / Sony
The Following User Says Thank You to Havoc-X For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 187

1,077 posts
I would personally choose between this few GREAT phones. The Samsung Note 3, LG G2, Xperia Z2, Htc m8 (Releasing soon)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jumaqidi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 202

675 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriansafas

Hey guys

Thank you for helping!

I would still suggest to stick with Samsung becoz:-

1. You can use external memory card
2. You can use a detachable battery. Most of phones apart from Samsung coming with sealed battery.

I love HTC phones, however for above reason I am still using S3.

I would say look for your budget, spending too much on a phone is not justifiable. S3 is still a rock solid phone and you can get it cheaper.

I do not really bother whether I am getting Kit Kat or not, because still people are happy using ICS.
The Following User Says Thank You to KSKHH For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 222

822 posts
I would rather suggest you to buy Motorola Moto G phone,amazing phone for affordable price,and also it's much better than Galaxy S3,because it's will get updates a lot quicker than Samsung,much smoother UI,a lot less bloatware.
The Following User Says Thank You to Simonna For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 15

147 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSKHH

I would still suggest to stick with Samsung becoz:-

1. You can use external memory card
2. You can use a detachable battery. Most of phones apart from Samsung coming with sealed battery.

I love HTC phones, however for above reason I am still using S3.

I would say look for your budget, spending too much on a phone is not justifiable. S3 is still a rock solid phone and you can get it cheaper.

I do not really bother whether I am getting Kit Kat or not, because still people are happy using ICS.

The new HTC One (M8) has a SD card slot.

Also, for the record ICS > Jellybean, but remember with each update comes security fixes.
19th March 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

132 posts
Wow! Thank you for your fast reaponses!

Well, I appreciate your handy choices but the problem is that I am on a budget and the s3 is far cheaper than the rest you mentioned! I would really like sonys z1 compact or his great brother but it is expensive as hell as I would have to buy it without a mobile contract...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread