Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,249 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Proxydroid and Whatsapp

Tip us?

stan210
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Proxydroid and Whatsapp

Lately I was playing a bit with Proxydroid. And I figured out, Proxydroid cannot reroute Whatsapp. Even when I put in a proxy like this 0.0.0.0, Whatsapp is still able to access the internet. But all other apps Iíve tried couldnít access the internet in that case.
Thereafter, Iíve put in a proxy (0.0.0.0) direct in the wifi setting of my S3, and Whatsapp was still able to access the internet, and all other apps werenít.
Does anyone know, how Whatsapp can bypass this settings?

xxk89xx
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan210 View Post
Lately I was playing a bit with Proxydroid. And I figured out, Proxydroid cannot reroute Whatsapp. Even when I put in a proxy like this 0.0.0.0, Whatsapp is still able to access the internet. But all other apps Iíve tried couldnít access the internet in that case.
Thereafter, Iíve put in a proxy (0.0.0.0) direct in the wifi setting of my S3, and Whatsapp was still able to access the internet, and all other apps werenít.
Does anyone know, how Whatsapp can bypass this settings?
I have the same exact problem. Did you manage to solve it in the meantime?

stan210
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unfortunately not until now.

JoeSenki
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Whatsapp used to work over a non-http standard port to send and receive messages, not sure by now, but maybe that's why the proxy isn't working

Maybe you could edit the host file to prevent the usage but you probably have to reboot each time after you edit the file.

stan210
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSenki View Post
Whatsapp used to work over a non-http standard port to send and receive messages, not sure by now, but maybe that's why the proxy isn't working

Maybe you could edit the host file to prevent the usage but you probably have to reboot each time after you edit the file.
Thanks for the tip!