No registration required

[Q] turn s3 into camera only device temporarily

OP alphabetagammadelta

27th January 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi
Is there a way I can convert my S3 phone into a camera-only device for a few days?
The plan is that when I travel for vacations in woods, there is no network so I can save battery by disabling everything but the camera. And once I'm back, I can use it as a normal phone.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
27th January 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
More
Hmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetagammadelta

Hi
Is there a way I can convert my S3 phone into a camera-only device for a few days?
The plan is that when I travel for vacations in woods, there is no network so I can save battery by disabling everything but the camera. And once I'm back, I can use it as a normal phone.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

While this would be a good idea im not sure it is possible because after all it is a phone...

Could you not just take a camera?
27th January 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 323

616 posts
Airplane mode and turning off every setting would be enough , but if you are determined, you can remove every app that is not related to the camera function. Make sure you take a Nandroid first.
Last edited by xpmode; 27th January 2014 at 06:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to xpmode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #4  
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ , Where ever's Free WiFi
Thanks Meter: 92

334 posts
Kidding
Delete the efs partition of your phone

You'll lose your IMEI, would'nt be able to connect to the network forever.
Ultimately, you will have a expensive camera-mp3 player-portable gaming console!!!!

P.S ------- Just kidding, never do it
6th February 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 27

125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetagammadelta

Hi
Any suggestions?
Thanks

I've done a similar thing with a Samsung Galaxy Pocket I5300 or something like that. I wanted to transform it into an mp3 player with descent lcd, good speaker sound and battery life. What I did was delete all non-important apps with Titanium Backup. Tweaked the rom so the airplane mode was not visibel in the statusbar. Can't remember what I did to enforce the user interface into some type of kiosk mode. It was for my Godchild so I made the theme pink-ish with a Hello-Kitty wallpaper and bootscreen. It took a lot of work but the result was good. I'm sure the same can be done to use it as a camera. Just make sure make a full rom backup including the efs partition to go back to the previous state.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread