Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,219 Members 52,274 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S3 not charging at 1000 MAH!?

Tip us?

hussnainh8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] S3 not charging at 1000 MAH!?

I found a thread on XDA which told me to download Galaxy Charging Current to check how much MAH I get when charging my phone.. So I have tried charging the phone with the ORIGINAL S 3 charger and the current_max I get is 600 .. Should this not be some were near 900 or 1000? I had a SONY charger and USB cable I used 2 previously use to charge the S 3 which charged the phone VERY quickly however I had to sell the SONY phone so gave the Charger away as well.

I have tried using a Galaxy S 4 charger to charge the phone and I see a massive difference in the speed it charges.

Result:

Galaxy S 4 charger ..... The phone went up 4% in 2.5 - 3 minutes (Not my charger so cant keep using it)
Galaxy S 3 charger ..... The phone went up 1% in 3 minutes
Should I just buy a S 4 charger for the S 3? The charging speed is sooo much better than the original s3 charger?

Someone please reply!!

Thank You.

ghostofcain
Old
Thanks Meter 792
Should indeed be around 1000mA, but it does tail off towards the end of charging. No need to buy an S4 charger just a half decent branded wall charger rated at least 1000mA should be fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300
I'm a linux user and smug about it, this is your problem not mine.

hussnainh8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default THANKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofcain View Post
Should indeed be around 1000mA, but it does tail off towards the end of charging. No need to buy an S4 charger just a half decent branded wall charger rated at least 1000mA should be fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300
The reason I am saying I would buy a S 4 charger is because I have already tried it with the phone and it charges it fast. Also I heard the S 4 charger is rated at 2.0 amps therefore I am just best of buying it.. At a price of 5.45 from Ebay.. It cant go wrong than that?

1 more question... Currently I have the original battery in my S 3 .. Is it worth buying a 6000MAH battery for the S 3 and how long will it last with a little use of Facebook and You Tube?

Thank You!!

ghostofcain
Old
Thanks Meter 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussnainh8 View Post
The reason I am saying I would buy a S 4 charger is because I have already tried it with the phone and it charges it fast. Also I heard the S 4 charger is rated at 2.0 amps therefore I am just best of buying it.. At a price of 5.45 from Ebay.. It cant go wrong than that?

1 more question... Currently I have the original battery in my S 3 .. Is it worth buying a 6000MAH battery for the S 3 and how long will it last with a little use of Facebook and You Tube?

Thank You!!
Just make sure it's a genuine part not some cheap Chinese ripoff, never used extended battery so can't comment there.

Sent from my GT-I9300

hussnainh8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default THANKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofcain View Post
Just make sure it's a genuine part not some cheap Chinese ripoff, never used extended battery so can't comment there.

Sent from my GT-I9300
Ahh right.. Yes it does say Genuine on it.. Here is the link for the one I am thinking to purchase.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SA...item565bb39fd5

And thanks for the fast reply!
The Following User Says Thank You to hussnainh8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghostofcain
Old
Thanks Meter 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussnainh8 View Post
Ahh right.. Yes it does say Genuine on it.. Here is the link for the one I am thinking to purchase.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SA...item565bb39fd5

And thanks for the fast reply!
Like it, bought one myself cheers for the link

Sent from my GT-I9300

sseennoonn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
1000mAh is stock charging speed...i tried charging phone with 2A 5V tablet charger and it doesn't work..it doesnt charge at all...so if u buy a stronger charger it will be more expencive than 1A(maybe) ..i only get like 300mAh charge when i bought chinese crap cable 2 meters long ..but Hama 1.8 m works great ! ! plus from 0 to 100 charge is like 2 hours or so

hussnainh8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Same Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseennoonn View Post
1000mAh is stock charging speed...i tried charging phone with 2A 5V tablet charger and it doesn't work..it doesnt charge at all...so if u buy a stronger charger it will be more expencive than 1A(maybe) ..i only get like 300mAh charge when i bought chinese crap cable 2 meters long ..but Hama 1.8 m works great ! ! plus from 0 to 100 charge is like 2 hours or so
Hi,

Thank You for your reply and sorry for the late reply. I have checked the price for the GENUINE S 3 charger and it costs around 6 and the S 4 2 AMP charger cost some were around 6.19. Therefore compared to buying a 1.0 AMP I would rather buy a 2 AMP charger. I have already tried a S 4 Charger on my S 3 and it did charge the phone very quickly whereas the GENUINE S 3 charger I have takes more than a minute to do 1% which is just unacceptable. I know its not the phone as I have tried the S 4 charger and it did charge it quickly.

I am thinking to buy a bigger battery for the S 3 while I am at it as the stock 2100 MAH battery does not last that long.. On Ebay I see 6000 MAH battery's and one 7000 MAH.. Which should last a lot longer..

Thank You!!!