No registration required

S3 Not Charging (no matter what I do!)

OP Amberw

6th July 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey all.

I've seen a few posts with this topic but none seem to completely match the symptoms I've been having;

I've got a samsung S3 i9300, stock ROM and unrooted with a serious charging issue. Seems no matter what I do the phone won't charge. I've tried:
  • Mains Charging
  • USB Charging (through PC)
  • Wireless Charging
  • Changed three different batteries
  • Used the galaxy charging app to make sure it's getting the 999 it needs on mains
  • Begged the Gods to charge it.
On everything it will state the phone is charging but never go above 3 or 4% regardless if it's on or off.

I've watched the battery graph nosedive whilst it's off charging, putting it on charge only flattens it a bit.

I'm just curious as to how I go about fixing this; is this some sort of software glitch? Have I been cursed? Do I need to perform some sort of battery exorcism?! O.o

My thanks for any and all replies.
6th July 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

148 posts
sounds more like a hardware issue ,have you tried with other battery(new ones) ,how old is your phone ?
6th July 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 752

3,415 posts
Try factory reset, followed by stock firmware flash with Odin if that doesn't help.

If still the same then probably hardware, charging circuit failed. A work around would be two batteries and external charging cradle.
6th July 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
I've tried a factory reset. It seemed happy to charge on mains again but got up to only 45%, and levelled off; it refused to charge more (I left it for an hour) It then started dropping rapidly, going from 45 to 41 in less then two minutes.

I've noticed another oddity; even though I've turned WiFi off, the battery screen reports it as constantly on.
6th July 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 195

727 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberw

I've tried a factory reset. It seemed happy to charge on mains again but got up to only 45%, and levelled off; it refused to charge more (I left it for an hour) It then started dropping rapidly, going from 45 to 41 in less then two minutes.

I've noticed another oddity; even though I've turned WiFi off, the battery screen reports it as constantly on.

I had the exact problem with my G Nexus,it was charging only to 70% and then just remain there,even with the charger connected it started to drop battery,I tried to change the charging port,nothing,I tried to change the charger,nothing,finnaly I bought a new battery and the problem dissapeared.
6th July 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Battery Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabyif

I had the exact problem with my G Nexus,it was charging only to 70% and then just remain there,even with the charger connected it started to drop battery,I tried to change the charging port,nothing,I tried to change the charger,nothing,finnaly I bought a new battery and the problem dissapeared.

I've tried three battieres, no luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread