Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 50,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S3 Not Charging (no matter what I do!)

Tip us?

Amberw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Low S3 Not Charging (no matter what I do!)

Hey all.

I've seen a few posts with this topic but none seem to completely match the symptoms I've been having;

I've got a samsung S3 i9300, stock ROM and unrooted with a serious charging issue. Seems no matter what I do the phone won't charge. I've tried:
  • Mains Charging
  • USB Charging (through PC)
  • Wireless Charging
  • Changed three different batteries
  • Used the galaxy charging app to make sure it's getting the 999 it needs on mains
  • Begged the Gods to charge it.
On everything it will state the phone is charging but never go above 3 or 4% regardless if it's on or off.

I've watched the battery graph nosedive whilst it's off charging, putting it on charge only flattens it a bit.

I'm just curious as to how I go about fixing this; is this some sort of software glitch? Have I been cursed? Do I need to perform some sort of battery exorcism?! O.o

My thanks for any and all replies.

alecore
Old
Thanks Meter 11
sounds more like a hardware issue ,have you tried with other battery(new ones) ,how old is your phone ?

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Try factory reset, followed by stock firmware flash with Odin if that doesn't help.

If still the same then probably hardware, charging circuit failed. A work around would be two batteries and external charging cradle.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

Amberw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've tried a factory reset. It seemed happy to charge on mains again but got up to only 45%, and levelled off; it refused to charge more (I left it for an hour) It then started dropping rapidly, going from 45 to 41 in less then two minutes.

I've noticed another oddity; even though I've turned WiFi off, the battery screen reports it as constantly on.

gabyif
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberw View Post
I've tried a factory reset. It seemed happy to charge on mains again but got up to only 45%, and levelled off; it refused to charge more (I left it for an hour) It then started dropping rapidly, going from 45 to 41 in less then two minutes.

I've noticed another oddity; even though I've turned WiFi off, the battery screen reports it as constantly on.
I had the exact problem with my G Nexus,it was charging only to 70% and then just remain there,even with the charger connected it started to drop battery,I tried to change the charging port,nothing,I tried to change the charger,nothing,finnaly I bought a new battery and the problem dissapeared.
Press THANKS if I helped you

ROM:ArchiDroid 1.7.15(BEST ROM EVER)
KERNEL:Boeffla-Kernel 5.3-beta 7(Archi profile)

Using maybe the BEST ROM ever made for S3

Amberw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabyif View Post
I had the exact problem with my G Nexus,it was charging only to 70% and then just remain there,even with the charger connected it started to drop battery,I tried to change the charging port,nothing,I tried to change the charger,nothing,finnaly I bought a new battery and the problem dissapeared.
I've tried three battieres, no luck